Chiari Malformation Community
vent again

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

vent again

so today I was booked for an xray and 2 mris. After waiting for 1,5 hours I finally got in. they where scaniing my scull and cervical area...in the last 20min I got such a bad headache from the back of my cervical area..I wanted to jump out of the machine and scream.BuT I knew if I would do so...I have to do it again.they did the extension/ flexion part again and then told me they cant do the flow images...I have to go to another hospital.Greatthey gave me an appointment for it although they dont do it.then I called the other hospital and they said...we can do it, but ur insurance wont be...u ll have to pay!!! great how u lose time with all that stuff and nerves...my headache is still there...I had to go without eating and drinking tilll 12...man if I cant eat I get really furious hahahaaa...hope u r all ok
So sorry to hear you couldn't get all the test done.  It is very flustrating with all these test and what the ins. will cover or not.  It seems if the NS ordered it that it would be covered.  You probably have the same ins. as we do and I would have to wait until the 1st of the year to get another test done.  I would call you Ins. and ask about this.  Glad to hear you made it through the other test though.  Wishing you better day's ahead.
Linda :)
thanks LISA! for ur words...but hey...within the bad u can still find something good ;-) I noticed when I went eating with my bf today...the light sensitivity is so much better than last year...i mean i still dont like it, but i can stand it better...the inssurance wont pay the flow study...but hey what a beautiful christmas present I make myself...LOL...found my humour again and that helps...hugs lisa

Hi Iris...it is a never ending battle isn't it...ugh I know how frustrating this all can be....and venting is the only way to get it all out safely...lol...

I really think some things get better so slowly we may not notice them until we do go out etc...that is when u can compare to a yr b4 and really see a difference.

Sending u prayers to feel better, find a way to get ur ins to cover ur testing and  ((hugs))
oh selma sweetheart, thank u!!! There is nooo way they pay dynamic study. u know I told u I have two inssurances...I am going now with the private one as the progress is much faster...the public is overcrowded and I just received my invitation for a first chat with a ns in march!!!! that means in summer i´ll get the mris needed and could be possibly operated next winter...oh please...and if it costs me money not again such a year. I am so happy with the ns and if I have to spent all my money on that I would do it. The road is bumpy, but still progressing...I dont want to get stuck on the road...heheee.
and yes ur so right...we notice quickly when something gets worse, but not when something gets better...have a great day all of you
MG18 uploaded new photos
May 28
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22