Chiari Malformation Community
worsening symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

worsening symptoms

do worsening symptoms always mean a progression in the illness or do most of you fluctuate? i have been having a constant frequent head and neck pressure/dizziness and nausea for the past 2 weeks after a head cold (coughing a lot). wondering if my condition could have been worsened a lot or if many of your symptoms fluctuate a lot? i used to occasionally have pretty good days

Hi..symptoms can cycle and flare..so if u r stressed out u can feel worse....if u develop new symptoms that persist I would think that is more an indication of  progression  or a possible new condition developing.....

This is y it is important to have many related issues/conditions ruled out.
Thanks for the response!
Another question I have, is does a Chiari Malformation grow? (does the herniation get larger?)

Sometimes it does, and sometimes it does not....this is y we suggest u avoid certain physical activities as we never know  if or when ....the issue is more if it is blocking CSF not if it is longer...bcuz it can be long and thin and not obstruct the CSF, but a much shorter one that is wider will cork it up and cause many more issues....so, sometimes the Drs r not looking at the right measurements, and y a CINE MRI is good to have done.
zomblvr uploaded new photos
May 22
zomblvr joined this community
Welcome them!
May 22
Ball123 commented on The more intense you ...
May 22