Child Behavior Community
10yr old boy caught under the blankets with 7yr old sister, with her pa...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

10yr old boy caught under the blankets with 7yr old sister, with her pants down???

yesterday I was doing some chores around the house when I noticed how quiet my kids were, went to see what they were up to and found my 7 yr old daughter's bedroom door closed, went in and found her under the blankets with her 10yr old half brother, she had her pants pulled down, I asked them what was going on and they both said nothing, but well, Im not stupid, something was going on. I kind of freaked out, moreso because I feel my son should have known better, and it was his sister. I feel sick when I think about it and I just cant look at him the same way any more. will someone please tell me if this kind of thing falls within the "normal" range of sexual behaviour for children of this age? I did the whole you show me yours ill show you mine thing when I was young but not with my brother, the thought makes me feel ill, all I can think is "incest". I have a five year old daughter too. Is it wrong of me to think of his behaviour as somehow "predatory" given his age and the fact that he is a boy i just cant help it. its not like he hasnt seen girl "bits" before, so curiosity as to what a girls parts outwardly look like is unlikley, I feel that I have maybe been too relaxed letting the little ones get dressed in the toasty lounge after a bath sometimes.....god what do I think here.....
Tags: brother and sister sexuality
Do not leave them alone , supervision is the answer... too many times children are left alone in bedrooms to play, make sure you are watching .Alot of children do it, it may be considered normal' by some I dont think its a good idea to allow it at 10 he may do it to others .so I would tell him its not permissable ..
Sometimes boys are curious.  They ask to see.  This is not desirable but not abnormal.  That it was his sister just means she was more accessible.  

I'd sit him down and talk to him-----  tell him that if he has questions, he can ask you but is to leave his sisters alone.  Period.  If you suspect that it was overtly sexual what he is doing, go ahead and try to address it.  Kids that molest typically have been molested themselves.  That's how it goes-----  often the predator was a victem at some point themselves.  So, pay attention to what happens with him when he is not with you.  And if again, you feel he is sexualized, I'd consider a therapist for him.

Conversation with your daughter is to never ----  never----  show her privates and then the good touch bad touch talk.  Make it so she isn't scared that she or brother in trouble and she can come to you and talk.  

Yep, supervise.  Don't make him feel like a  monster----  but quietly supervise. No closed doors and keep your eye on them.  good luck
deep breath, I think it will be okay.