Child Behavior Expert Forum
10yr old son and small penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

10yr old son and small penis
My husband and I are concerned that our 10yr old sons penis is very small for his age.  I remember when he was little he seemed fine for his age but nothing seems to be going on in the last 4 or 5 yrs.  We have a 6yr old who we joke is big for his age and he seems to always wake up with a hard on or gets one very easily.  When our 10yr old was younger we did notice the normal waking up with one but now that he is older we don't notice it and we tried to ask him without sounding weird.  He did have hernia surgery when he was 5, he had one testicle that was turning blue and was bigger than the other, could they have done something wrong while they were doing the surgery?  We are just a little worried since this is a big deal for boys and if there is something wrong we would like to address it before it's too late.
Your son is still in his latency/preadolescent years, when increase in size of the penis is not paramount. Nothing you describe indicates a problem. However, to address your concern it would be sensible to speak with his pediatrician.