Child Behavior Expert Forum
11 year old doesn't want to get up.

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

11 year old doesn't want to get up.

What's a good way to get my 11 year old to get up in the morning.  It usually takes a half hour from the time I start waking her until she actually gets up.  I don't mind giving her a few minutes to wake up, and will grant her a few minutes twice.  After that, I want her up.  She does have bradycardia (and other heart disease), and a few times when she couldn't seem to get moving, I checked her pulse and it was around 50.  (I don't usually check her pulse).  Still, she has to go to school.  
She spends a lot of time on homework, and she usually gets in bed around 9:30 or 9:45.  I start waking her at 7:15.  On the weekends she sleeps until 9 or 10 AM.
Any ideas?  I don't like starting the day with unhappiness.  
Thanks.
Anne
Dear Anne,

There's no magic to this - I guess you know that by now. You'll likely have to wake her up earlier than you have been, so she has sufficient time and you won't need to be creating such a strain on yourself. Your expectation for her is not realistic, and it's causing you undue stress.