Child Behavior Expert Forum
11 year old girl wets herself regularly, doesn't care

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Our almost-11 year old daughter continually wets herself day and night and doesn't seem to care about it.  She often will continue to sit and play or do her activity as if nothing happens.  This has been an issue for us for years.  We have tried disciplining her, rewarding her, setting timers, having her wear a nighttime monitor, etc.  Her pediatrician says she's physically fine.  We know of no other physical issues nor are we aware of any particular psychological traumatic events.   What is happening and how can we help her?  We have backed way off from the issue for at least 2 years now, so we've pretty much left it up to her to simply grow out of it.  But we can't stand her blow-off attitude about the whole thing.  We are considering taking her to a child psych evaluation, but our primary care doctor won't authorize it.

Someone please help us on this.  We are stumped.  Thanks.
This is very unusual behavior for a child her age, not so much for the nocturnal enuresis (about 5%-7% of children are still wet at night at that age), but because of the daytime enuresis. I would not automatically think of this as a psychological issue, though it could be. Has she been evaluated by a pediatric urologist?
Thank you for your response.  We have not yet seen a pediatric urologist, but I suspect we may start to insist more tests with our pediatrician.  I have to say we are very frustrated (although we try to not show it) and are concerned.  My personal concern is more about her mental state since she seems completely unconcerned about these events.  My suspicion is that it will take a peer to first notice and then taunt her about wetting before any behavior changes.  She often seems sensitive to certain peers' opinions, so I think this might be a catalyst for change.
My wife just told me that we have, in fact, seen a pediatric urologist and the tests were fine.  There were no physical issues noted.
In that case, a thorough psychological evalution is warranted. The behavior is very much outside the normal spectrum.
just watcha a show or a movie
give him or her diet soda ether coke- pep-si or any cola soda of any kind that it diet

then after the movie is over  have him or her go to the bathroom
or when shes is tired make her go to the bathroom
or when shes does go to the bathroom then  make her go to bed
ether one

this might work it should this doesnt need a doctor
just the magics of diet cola

if it doesnt work
srry

and i didnt reread this so if i messed up srry
A related discussion, Any solutions? was started.