12 year old and can't sleep by herself
Ok so my 12 year old has been sleeping with her dad ever since she was a little girl. And she's going to turn 13 soon and I don't know what to do. We told her to sleep by herself but everytime she cant seem to fall asleep. And when there's a noise she always walks to where her dad sleeps and lies down next to him. My husband thinks its just a habit but I don't think so. What should I do?
What do you mean by you dont think its a habit? I do not see any problem with co sleeping when children are young,and I also think its okay at say the weekend for kids to come running in to watch some morning TVin the big bed with you both, ..is she a little immature as very often once puberty rears its head children do want their privacy. Now I would suggest that you ask your husband to talk to her and tell her that she can swing by in the morning at weekends but at 13 its time for to sleep in her own bed ,let him deal with it in a tactful way .He has to be kind and firm ..and consistent . I think its possible it is a habit she has got into ...
Fist of all; the family bed is as old as mankind
I gather she is your step daughter
does she stay with her bio mom some of the time and does she sleep with her
how about u, does she sleep with u
does your daughter have sleep-overs with other girls
good luck