CHILD BEHAVIOR
COMMUNITY
12 year old masturbating in front of 2 1/2 year old
by wishiwaswest, Jul 29, 2009
My ex has a 12 year old daughter who mastubates in front of our 2 1/2 year old son. This is not innocent behavior that is caught in private time but is something that happens in view of everybody around where ever she decides to do it. She does what her father calls rocking with heavy breathing which makes it very obvious what she is doing.  My ex and I share custody of our son. After visits with his father, my son has told me about this behavior. However, thankfully at his age his  does not understand what she is doing. However, this does not give me much comfort.I have spoken to my ex many times  about this. He gets defensive and says he is glad his daughter feels comfortable enough at his house and with him and our her brother to do this. He sees nothing wrong with it. I do not find this behavior normal nor do I think it is acceptable in front of a little boy. I would like to note that my ex leaves my son in the 12 year old's care on quite often. He also allows them to take baths togehter and they even share a room.  The 12 year old has hit puberty and has seemed to be very sexualized since she has little.I am very concerned. Should I be so worried? I need help! What is your opinion on such.
Member Comments (9)
by specialmom, Jul 29, 2009
I would be concerned too.  This sounds very odd and what father thinks it is appropriate for his almost teenage daughter to masturbate in front of him?  She's not 2.  I would be very worried.  I think that masturbation is a natural thing kids can discover and do but a parent should set boundaries about this.  In room, alone ---- period.  Not to make waves as these situations with ex's can be tough at times already, but I would make it clear that you want this to stop and then I'd document that.  If you have to take further action to stop it, you have record of it.  I guess you could also speak to your ex in a manner that makes him less defensive.  That you are worried about his daughter as well as your shared son.  Good luck, that sounds like a tough one.  (maybe he could set up guidelines for her at the least as to when she can do this  . . .)
by blujay12, Jul 29, 2009
You should very well be concerned. This isn't appropriate AT ALL and she should only be masturbating in her room by herself and not in front of anyone else, especially a little 2 y/o boy. This doesn't sound like normal behavior to me. It is normal if she's alone in her room doing it in private, that's perfectly fine, but this is something that your child shouldn't be exposed to. It could set the wrong example. You can't blame this on the girl, though. If your husband thinks that it's OK for her to masturbate in front of your son, then he is crazy or is a low-life *********! The best thing you can do in this situation is have a conversation to the girl about this and tell her that it's not okay to masturbate in front of her son, and that if she wants to masturbate, she does it in the bathroom. If she does not follow these rules, then keep that girl away from your son as much as possible and tell your ex that you don't want her around him!
by cromazon2, Jul 29, 2009
Your EX is a nut job, who will she do in front of next, the boy down the street? She needs counseling but not likely to get it. I might consider calling dept of child services if he doen't stop with the bathing and public mastubating issues. Does she do this in school too? You and your son have rights, if he won't co-operate go back to court. I know it all sounds extreme, but talk again to him asking him to not bathe them together and remind him that even tho the girl is only 12 she and he can be cited for " risk of injury to a minor". Talk to local law enforcment and see if that would be "Risk of Injury to a Minor" Good Luck
by aid821, Jul 30, 2009
I too believe masturbation is a natural thing for young people to do, but in privacy where no one can see. If you haven't done so, I feel you need to sit your daughter down woman to woman and have a 'puberty' talk, and explain to her it normal to do what she's doing, but not in front of the 2yo. Your daughter just needs a bit of guidance in trying to figure out everything that she's experiencing at the moment. I wouldn't leave your daughter alone with him as a precaution and would probably hold off on then having baths together. I'd also have another talk and say to your ex-husband and keep reinforcing that you don't like the situation at hand, explaining that as parents you need to work together :)
by AlwaysWondering911, Aug 04, 2009
this is a very weird fact in such and ma'am you should be concerned a girl at the age of 12 shouldnt even be doing that and the father should have a talk with his girl on how she is too young and probably knows too much about sex already leading to horrible things. it is good that she is informed but she should especially keep that private and do this in private ! your son shouldnt see this at such a young age
by marktizwazere, Jul 02, 2010
This seems very odd behaviour to me.
It isn't natural for a twelve year old girl to masturbate particularly in front of a toddler of the opposite sex or not.
I think this girl has been sexually abused, check out her father's attitude he sounds like the paedophile.
by cunaligus, Jan 07, 2012
sounds like daddy is a pervert. Hes  been molesting her for a very very long time.