14 Month old Behavior
My son is 14 1/2 months old. He has been 8 weeks ahead in development according to his pediatricians. He has been a very well behaved, easy to care for child. He's intellegent; speaks very well. He's been walking since 8 1/2 months of age. My question is this: Is it normal for my son to enjoy "banging" his head on hard surfaces? If a hard surface isn't available he will smack himself in the had repeatedly with his hands. It mostly happens when he's tired, but not always. I wasn't too concerned with it at first; just thought it was normal behavior, but my mom has been asking a lot of questions about it. She doesn't seem to think it is normal. This of course has got me wondering. This is about the only thing I think he does that I'm not sure is normal behavior. Thank you for your time.
Hi again.  ;D

My husband did that for some reason as a child.  He would get on all fours,  and bang his head against his crib and then later when he grew into a big boy bed he'd hit his head on the wall lots of times before falling asleep.

He's normal,  mid-40's,  doing great.  His older brothers tell stories of lying in their beds shouting "quit banging your head!!".  

I don't know why some kids do it.  My guess is,  your son will grow out of it.