Aa
A
A
Close
338609 tn?1197663689
14 Month old Behavior
My son is 14 1/2 months old. He has been 8 weeks ahead in development according to his pediatricians. He has been a very well behaved, easy to care for child. He's intellegent; speaks very well. He's been walking since 8 1/2 months of age. My question is this: Is it normal for my son to enjoy "banging" his head on hard surfaces? If a hard surface isn't available he will smack himself in the had repeatedly with his hands. It mostly happens when he's tired, but not always. I wasn't too concerned with it at first; just thought it was normal behavior, but my mom has been asking a lot of questions about it. She doesn't seem to think it is normal. This of course has got me wondering. This is about the only thing I think he does that I'm not sure is normal behavior. Thank you for your time.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
13167 tn?1327197724
Hi again.  ;D

My husband did that for some reason as a child.  He would get on all fours,  and bang his head against his crib and then later when he grew into a big boy bed he'd hit his head on the wall lots of times before falling asleep.

He's normal,  mid-40's,  doing great.  His older brothers tell stories of lying in their beds shouting "quit banging your head!!".  

I don't know why some kids do it.  My guess is,  your son will grow out of it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources