Child Behavior Expert Forum
15 year old child suffering from Severe Anger Problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My girl friend and I need help with her son. He is very very very disturbed. It has now accumulated to the point where he will be arrested on tuesday for house robbery. He regulary smokes cannabis and drinks until he is sick. We are stuck with what to do . Apparantly he has always been a "bad Lad" and has never ever been good. He does not realise that he is at fault and blames his mum for getting caught by the police. He has been expelled from every school and many teachers refuse to teach him as well as local parents had a meeting the other day to discuss that their children should never ever see Jack again. He is disturbed to the point where he says the most evil things to every one that loves him. He took the **** out of his mum for having a miscarriage , and reduces her to tears with his constant unrelenting insults on a weekly basis. He does not believe that he ever does anything wrong and that this destruction is perfectly normal. I have never met some one with such a nasty personality in my life. He bunks of school and is now associating with theives and is also hanging around with some one who is suspected of shooting a kid two weeks ago.
Everything is a battle , bed times , food , his life style. He argues with everything and everyone and refuses to be disiplined or respond to disipline ...even physical restraint which I had to do when he attacked me once for telling him to go to school  which bluntly refused to do.
What the hell do we do...????? we are only days away from putting him in to care.
It is very likely that this boy now has needs which will require inpatient or residential treatment of some sort. Some mental and emotional disorders reach such proportions that they can no longer be treated in the community or on an outpatient basis. It sounds like it won't be long before his behavior forces the issue and he is incarcerated within the juvenile justice system. One way or the other, at some point he will have to be removed from the community if he is to improve. Seeking an inpatient substance abuse program or psychiatric/behavioral program is a sound plan.
Hi there Steve, I read with interest your experiences with your stepson.  I to have a son aged almost 15 who has been diagnosed with the following ADHD (aged 11), ODD, Bi Polar, IED Intermittent Explosive Disorder, and also severe mood disorders!  How's that for a personality disorder.....the most recent diagnoses have been made within the last 6 months, all except the ADHD.  I don't know what the answer's are, all I know is that we (my husband and I - who is my son's stepfather), have become exhausted living day to day with his constant emotional unreasonable demands and wondering what will be next!  The threats of suicide, which happens on a regular basis, the self harming cutting, but worse is that he just is impossible to help, and is extremely disrespectful, and thoroughly hateful at times, I'm not being harsh I'm being honest! Anyway I wish to strength, and encouragement with your son.  Regards Jan
A related discussion, Severe emotional/anger issues was started.
A related discussion, A VERY psycho 9 yr old boy. was started.