17 year old
I just walked into the bedroom where my girlfriends child sleeps with her uncle who stays with her in the summer.  The baby is 2 years old and he is 17.  The uncle had just gone to bed and I walked in because the baby was crying.  When I walked in he had her back in her crib and there was a diaper on the bed and he said.  " she just had a midnight diaper change"  Seemed odd and I'm suspicious. Should I be? I checked the diaper and it was a little wet with urine.  This all happened around 1AM
You are observant and correct,this was troubling behavior and happens a lot, you need to speak to your girlfriend and the child should not be alone with him even during the day, he should be supervised, speak firmly to her and get this sorted out for the child, this is a good thing you are doing , let us know how it goes.
He should also not change the diapers or do any baby sitting. The Mom should change the diapers.