2-year-old masterbating

I have a question pertaining to my 2-year-old and her habit of masterbating.  This is so embarrassing for me and my husband.

Ever since she was around a year old (a little younger maybe, too) she has been...uh...how to say this...doing various things in order to feel a certain something *down there*. At first, we noticed she was pushing and rubbing against the thing that goes between the legs on the highchair. She would get herself going (pushing and rubbing) so much that she'd break out in a sweat, breathe heavily, and then at the end look like she was completely tired out (much like we all do after a romp in the hay). It was so embarrasing if we were with any friends or family.

As time went on, she was doing the same thing in her carseat against the part that goes between her legs. We've taken her out of the highchair, but she still finds ways to do this. She'll sit on the steps or on one of the small kid size chairs we have and squeeze her legs together while pointing her toes, and just move her hips up and down until she gets what she wants. Thank goodness she hasn't figured out she can do the same thing with her hands.

I can tell you that she has never been in a situation where anyone has touched her inappropriately. The only babysitters she has ever had are my parents and I know they haven't done anything. Her father and I are just mortified (especially him) and don't know what to do. We've scolded her for it and she just gets mad and screams and then goes back to doing it once we quit watching her. I thought maybe it was a stress reliever for her, but now I'm noticing that she's doing it at any time of the day...stressed or not.

Has anyone here had experience with something like this? I've researched and can't really find info on what to do with a 2 year old. She doesn't exactly understand me saying to only do this in her room when alone (like I've read in other advice given). I don't want to punish her and give her a complex about her sexuality for later when it's appropriate (with her future husband).

What would you do in this situation??? Help! We're even hesitant to put her in the church nursery for fear she might do this there!
I think it's great that you are offering your advice here, but please try not to be so rude to others.  All of us here do the best we can, and offer opinions based on our own experiences.  Most are not experts and this is a peer to peer forum.  I see you are new to MedHelp, so just wanted to point out that telling someone to Shush is perhaps not the kindest way to disagree with their thoughts. I happen to agree with your opinion, but around here we try to respect each other.
I cannot belive that so many people are on here saying that their young children are masturbating and yet some of you are saying it's not normal, i looked on here because i have been having the same things with my daughter who is almost 4 and been doing it since she was about 2. after reading all this I am now not at all worried, if somany people are in the same situation it must be normal.
When my daughter was being toilet trained, she'd often put her hand in front of or over top of her private part as a signal that she needed to go. Shortly after that, I noticed that she'd start placing her hand there just whenever and whereever. Now she is three years old, and still does this. She puts her hand over her area (on the outside of her clothing at least) while she is standing or walking. And at the same time she seems to be rubbing slightly as well. She does this often like a few minutes every hour. At first I thought she was just itchy or something else causing some discomfort, but after talking to her, I found out that it just feels good to her.

I think it's just normal and she probably just discovered it by accident once when she was holding, and jumping, and probably had to go potty real bad.

And as soon as I could, I trained her to only do this at home, not out in public. When she gets older, I'll train her to only do it in her room or in the bathroom. But for now it's okay.

My main concern is that she does it a lot, like once an hour all day. And while she's doing it, it's hard to distract her with something else. If it's time for her to eat supper for example, if she's doing it, she won't stop and come to eat. She makes us wait first till she's finished. If I punish her, I want her to know it's because she's not listening or doing what she should at the right time, and that the punishment isn't that she's masturbating. It's because I called her to supper table and she didn't come. Hopefully that will work and not cause any unhealthy attitudes about her body.

But I wish I knew why she was doing it so much. It's one thing if it was just a couple times a day, but given the chance she'll do it all the time, and that drives me crazy.
Stop talking ****
PLease do not feel alone this is super normal, my daughter did it and she is not 15 now my niece is doing it so thank the people who are positive. and all i have to say is to the other people who dont understand GET EDUCATED!
I have to comment on this subject b/c I began masturbating at a very young age.  I don't know how normal my behavior was & now as an adult, I often wonder if I was molested as a child.  I am female & believe I was around 3 when it started.  My aunt told me that she saw me take off my diaper and rub myself.  I can remember rubbing myself in class at a table with other people around.  I would also hump one of my stuffed animals.  I even masturbated at an older age while in bed with with my mom & brother.  I think I did it when I was tired and when I was stressed.  I don't ever remember anyone saying anything to me a/b it but I did began to do it in private as I got older.  It may have normal behavior but I believe it was a sign of being molested.  Other signs I have are having nightmares about my childhood bedroom, I had a couple urinary track infections as a child, I can remember pooping in the living room and being scolded, I wouldn't eat my dinner, I was always right beside my mom; at the age of eighteen I was raped by 3 men when intoxicated.  The most disturbing thing a/b the rape is that 3 years after the fact, I met one of the rapist at a bar & ended up sleeping with him.  Make a long story short, I believe masturbating can be a sign of sexual abuse & should not be ignored.  I will never know for sure if i was molested but it would have been beneficial if my mother had not ignored the signs.
I've said this so many times on this board, "it's normal, don't worry about it." Most kids do it and it doesn't mean anything special.
Im 24, and I have been masterbating as long as I can remember (which is about 2.5 years of age, I got a long memory). I HAVE NEVER been sexually abused or touched inappropriately. The one thing I can say about it is that I have a much higher sex drive then most women, probably even higher than most men. I think its normal, it just probably means she is more sesitive "down there" then most females.
It is not wrong for a parent to assume that their children are normal or in perfect harmony with nature.  It is however, weird (almost comical, and perhaps sad) that you would pick up on this and have the nerve to harass the parent for thinking this way.  It is wrong to judge a person for their sexuality be it straight or gay, but social engineering has never worked in the past and is unlikely to work in the future.  You cannot MAKE a person see things your way.  Mother nature made sexuality pleasurable as a way to entice procreation.  This mother's problem was with her two year old doing something that is not proper in public, not with the future sexuality of her child.
My daughter is almost four. She has been touching herself down below for what feels like forever. I remember it started when she was maybe 18 months something like that. To begin with she only seemed to do it either in her car seat or when she was strapped in her pushchair and at first we thought the harness was uncomfortable - not realizing she was actually rubbing herself against it. I was really horrified as I couldn't understand why she would do that at such a young age. I also got very embarrassed if anyone else was in the car and she was doing it, especially other kids as they would always ask what she was doing! I spoke to the health visitor about it then and she advised to ignore/distract and it would eventually stop. I am saddened to say it hasn't and instead of doing it in the car which seems to have stopped, she lies on her front and touches herself on top of her clothing. She used to do this a lot and in front of others. When she was three, we were finally able to teach her that it was a private thing, and should only be done in her room. But now it's still hard for us to accept her behavior when she constantly goes to her room to do her thing several times throughout the day.
This is an old post but i found it looking for info on this so ill post to it what i have found. I took my daughter to the doctor to see if she has something wrong with her because she was doing pelvic thrusts in her high chair and her doctor smiled and said oh she is masterbating. It ok and totally normal. She said I may want to discourage her from doing it in public places if she starts that and told me of other patients she had that we having the same concern. She assured me that this is totally normal for some kids, not all kids do it eg she is the first of our 7 kids to do it, but normal none the less. My daughter has never been babysitted by anyone other than my wife and myself.
it is normalfor a 2 yr old child to do this mine did n it scared me as well so i took her to doc n everything...n they all said the same its normal some kids do it some dont they grow out of it my daughter did......good luck with what ever u choice to do for ur child
hi
what a reilief to see yr post my daughter is now two and half years old and doing the same thing she started in high chair, car seat and buggy now she just gets down on her knees shopping centres anywhere to do it i just try distraction but it does not work.some days she has no quality of life for sitting rocking.i thought my daughters rocking was all related to her having poor quality sleep (she has night terrors)and seems to do it more when tired but after reading yr post and others im no sure.if yr ever on here please let me know if she has stopped?
OMG!  You have described my 2 year old to the T!!! LOL!! I mean everything.... and it all began with her kinda humping her Boppy chair when she was 6 month old. At First we were like "nah!!!.... it couldnt be!!".....! and now she is 2 and does it in her car seat ...high chair...just as you described. She has this really focused look and tenses her whole body while pointing her toes!!! Its quite funny actually .....and I totally ignore it as I feel this is normal. I am a stay at home mother and have been with her 24/7 all the days she's been on this Earth....Trust me when I say I have never left her side......so this has to be normal .....
I start to masturbate since 3 years old (and now I am 37 years old). Watching porn movies accidentally almost everyday in a month, seeing naughty/ sexy pictures and photos, or watching people kissing has triggered me of getting aroused my libido, and made down there tingling and wet. I didn't know what these people were doing, but somehow it excited me a lot. My mother used to caught me a lot and asked me to stop, the more she asked me the more I did it behind her back (2 - 6 times a day). Now I am aware that it made me addicted to sex/ hyper sex with my ex-boyfriend or different men, hard for me to get orgasm from my ex-boyfriend, sometimes I need to make many variations, even not normal ones, only to get orgasm. It made me hard to have a steady relationship, because no men can satisfied my sex drive. It made me think that love is sex, and we will get love by giving sex. I will get anxiety if I don't get masturbate, even for a day, it drained my energy and ruined the way I think. Of course masturbate is normal and luckily that down there is still working to get aroused, but if it is too much and become codependent I think better to distract this action, masturbate was sort of like the only tool to release stress, made comfortable. Luckily after 34 years, my mind set have changed. I think to change this behavior, first is by not making your child getting embarrased, be patient and make your child comfortable, educate your child with love, give your child knowledge about love and sex, and understand your child a lot. I think when a child already start masturbate, based on my experience, they already know about relationship between men and women, or all. These kids are smarter actually than others, because the mind can think and behave a lot faster ahead than the normal age do, which I did, only I had problems with emotional control, means well need to be taken with special care, because they are fragile. I wish my mother did that to me when I was 3 years old, educate me and not made me embarrassed even in front of her, pretend I didn't get caught and not prohibited me, instead why not just communicate with me. I remember she asked me why I kept doing it, and I told her because it felt good, she only told me to stop because what I did was only for adult but she never told me the reason or never made me to be busy or distract me to be active with other children after school.
My son is doing the same thing he is three years old and he gets his penus hard by feeling on my stomach or my friends and he starts humping  when his penus gets hard  he tells me it hurts  im scared!!!!
,,,we went to two differant doctors in canada, for same situation with 1.5 years old ril,show the video to doctors, both did not prescribe any medication,test,etc, just said it makes baby feel good, and she will stop it once she found anything els to make her feel good.
,,,we went to two differant doctors in canada, for same situation with 1.5 years old ril,show the video to doctors, both did not prescribe any medication,test,etc, just said it makes baby feel good, and she will stop it once she found anything els to make her feel good
My son was 5 when he first doing this and I took him to the doctor because he had what the doctor called " blue balls".... She told me it was normal and he was gonna keep doing it, because he had more harmonies than his  other 5 yr olds friends... The doctor and I talked to him and it seemed to help where he wasn't doing in front of us and only in his room by himself... Talk with your doctor and yes please DO NOT punish her for this because it is very much normal!!!
Oh thank goodness to hear it's normal.. I'm a first time mom, and my daughter too started "humping" just on the floor when she was about 6 months old and is 2-1/2 now and still does it.. she started mainly when she would be sleepy..  That was usually our cue for us to lay her down for a nap.. Now, I don't think she does it just when she's sleepy, but also when she's bored, however, I'll peak in on her shortly after we lay her down for he nap, and she's **** it..  I'm so glad it stops, because she has done it at least once that I know of at church.  It was last year, she near her bed time, she dropped to the floor and just started... I was terrified and thought.. "We can't ever go back to church" haha...Anyway.. Thanks for all the posts, makes me feel a lot better.  I only am on here because I saw her doing it again.... typing this now as she gets busy LOL Anway.,. I hope some of you can find comfort in knowing she's normal!  Take care cand God Bless!
Children exploring there private parts are normal and there are a lot more kids that only explore there private parts then those that actually masturbate. That is one of the reasons parents are so embarrassed. The first thing I would do if my son did this at such a young age is immediately take him to his pediatric doctor. Explain what I am witnessing so they can make sure my child has NOT been abused in a sexual way. Then he or she can assist is a good plan of action for your child and family. to be on the safe side. Not all children that masturbate have been abused in this way however, i would rule it out of the scenario...The next thing I would do is to explain that masturbation is to be done in PRIVATE. She needs to learn this RULE just like you would poop on the floor in school or church whenever you felt like going. There is a private room and time for this. That should be implemented like any other privacy things we all do.  The other thing is to never get angry or yell at her because this will only make her defiant and not listen to the rules while she is doing this. Sexuality is a beautiful thing and when a child of this age is exploring deeper than the average child there has to be rules no matter what. there are rules for everything in a home, including this if necessary. She I am sure is going to break out of this stage eventually, however you really need to as a parent to set guidelines for her when she can and cannot do this. It is not appropriate for anyone to do this in public or in front of a social group such as school or church. Adults get arrested for doing this in public therefore, setting boundaries now while she is young and helping her and supporting her through her sexuality is what needs to happen.   I am not saying there is anything wrong with masturbating. It is a normal human reaction..But it is wrong to do it in public and because she is a child it is more acceptable but rules, rules rules have to be implemented like any other behavior that is not socially acceptable. Good luck
I was never sexually abused and I started masturbating around 3 or 4! It was pleasurable and I wanted to do it all the time! My grandma caught me once and told me she was gonna tell my daddy if she seen me doing it again from then on I made sure no one was around and I didn't talk to anyone about it. I never stopped and Around the time I was 14 my mother had a talk with me about masterbating instead of having sex. I still remember my grandmas reaction so I told my mom that was gross! I grew up to be perfectly normal! I've only had sex with my husband but I am very uncomfortable touching myself when we are in the bedroom thanks to grandma! I don't have children yet but when I do if I catch them masterbating I will not punish them for it instead I will teach them it's a private thing and when they get older I will explain it the same way I will explain sex!
Pretty much all has been said already. I will still add my story to this. xD

I do not remember when i began masterbating... Oh wait! i began around 11 or 12 i think. Before that, i was just.. having fun... Making myself feel good. I didn't know what it was before my best friend of that time told me it was called that way. To me and before that moment, i never thought it was sexual or anything like that.

I had never seen my parents do it, or at least don't remember anything sex-related. My parents never began to be parents. At a very young age, my dad would use his strict and serious voice to make us understand and said: "Your body is yours only. NO ONE can touch it if you don't want them to. It's YOURS only." and they would let us know stuff like: "it takes a man and a woman to get a baby"... but guess what... until i think 8 years old, i thought you had to "talk" with the person and then a baby would apear... but that was just how delirious my imagination has always been.

Yes, a few times i heard a noise in the hallway at night and would turn my head to see what it was... my dad going to bathroom naked... okay... now what? yes, i already saw my bro naked in a bath... so what again? yes, i saw how to change a baby young... so what? yes, me and my "best boy friend" of my childhood would show each other how we are... and so what again?

Back to masterbation, yes, i had been trying things young... My parents would tell me not to, seriously. They wouldn't scold me or anything... Yes, they've seen me on the water jet of the pool... "oups"... told me not to. Figured: i have to do this when they don't see me do it. And that's how i figured it was something to do in private. They didn't tell me anything about it before long... Still... i am not diffrent than anyone else now a day...

I would do it once a day, before sleeping... or twice... in the bath... or while playing in my room sometimes... but i wouldn't do it in public and i've never had problems with it. Later on, yes, i would rarely not do it for more than 1 or 2 days... But i've been put to the test, a challenge... yes, i can "quit" for a full month, without even "thinking" about anything related... ( okay, it was a pain... but hey, how many 20-35 years old woman does it less than once a month or even week? being 17-18 and having discovered something else than a right hand, well... i think i am pretty normal... -.-' )

I am not sex addict, not sad or desillusionnate about sex, love or romance.

Doing it as a child it just a way to... fill time or get some weird and yet comfortable feelings...

Other than that, i have read here about someone sayign it could be related to some "syndroms (syndromes), possibly Asperger's, Bi-Polar, Autism, ADD" ... well... i haven't been diagnosticated with any of these... not even thought to have any of these, even though i show a lot of similarities with Asperger's. Related fact? maybe... i don't know... but maybe not...

Even so... i am a college student for the second year as a 18 years old girl, performing a lot in about anything ( but for looking people in the eyes or dancing... or understanding guy's psycology... i can't do any of these... xD same goes for cooking eggs... no patience for it!!)

Nothing is wrong with any child unlest the parent is... Understand yourself and remember how you were a child, how you used to think... and understand your child... And remember that they are before being a child, human beings, in every aspect of humanity.

=]

=]
I can completely relate to the question u asked about your 2 yr. old daughter because my 2 yr. old daughter is doing the same exact thing. And much like you had mentioned i'm finding information on children using their hands to explore themselves but Im not finding anything on children using other means like ours are. The only thing we do with our daughter is let her know when she's doing it in front of us or others that it needs to stop. We don't yell or get angry with her but we try to find ways to occupy her so she doesn't continue doing it. There have been times we have walked the other way and ignored it but it still doesn't make it any easier to deal with. As much as i don't like this little matter, it's helpful to know we're not the only parents dealing with this type of situation.
I have a 2 year old boy who dose the samething. I first noticed it when he was around 8 to 9 months but i didnt know that he was masterbating. I realized he was mastebating about 5 months ago. i try to ignore it but its hard. know he hides to do it because i tell him to stop when i see him doing it.
Read your own first paragraph. The subject of your question appears to be you, and not your daughter. Would you care about her behavior if it did not embarrass you?
My 3 year old daughter does the rubbing thing on toys on the floor and even sometimes my leg if im laying on the floor. I asked her why she does it and she will get angry and say it feels good. She calls it pushing. She has no idea what she is doing is innappropriate. I am just waiting until she is a little older to explain that she should not do this in front of people. She is perfectly innocent about this. I found it strange but I think it is just a good feeling. I dont want to give her a complex by telling her she shouldn't do it.
I agree with all but your your last sentence. I am not thinking of right or wrong, but rather the attention she will attract. And that could create a big problem. There are many ways to curb this habit without involving it's being "wrong." My technique would have been to say something like "Ladies don't do that in public," or, "It's not polite." You don't even have to explain why.
of your not a doctor please and I say this in the nicest way, SHUT UP the people with no medical background please dnt comment, I am currently studying cold behavior and my aunt had been a childrens doctor for years, my niece nefyew and lil brother masturbate ages 2,3 and 5 it is perfectly normal. Must people that comment are scared of being embarrassed and are, brain washed by there religion smh, i've studied the test results of children who have been scaled and have not been scaled and trust me you dnt want your child Having the mental and emotional issues of the scaled ones... Keep reminding her what she does with herself should be fun in privet and only with herself, (that stopped the masturbating i'm public with my little brother niece and nefew). Teach her tu live her body, give her privacy and alone tym.
Just as wisdom is not restricted by profession, neither is an understanding of children. Children are not aliens. They are the little people their parents once were. We have our own memories to fall back on. It should also be mentioned that child rearing varies somewhat from culture to culture, and with it, what is acceptable and unacceptable.
This is a spiritual thing, not a natural thing and it is NOT normal!!! It might be accepted but it's not normal!! This is the spirit of masturbation attacking these kids and adults. This spirit is very very strong and there is only one way to get rid of it and that way if is found in Jesus the deliverer! If you are not a chistian, the first step would be genuinly accept Jesus as the Lord of your life and repent from your sins and turn from your evil ways...after that, you can take the same advide given to the christians! If you are a christian seek a good bible faithful church where they specialize in deliverance.Wish you all the best! God bless!
I am very desturbed by some of the things people have commented to this! I did the same thing when I was little! I remember my family telling me it was wrong...but I didn't stop...it didn't mess with my sexuality! I am straight! Yes I believe I only did it because it felt good but then why else does anyone do it? Ur child will be just fine! Just try to keep here distracted while in public but let her go to her room or somewhere that she can be alone...
It is for sure normal behavior. I am 23 yrs old and I've been pleasuring myself since I was 3 that I can remember. Never with my hands, but with stuffed animals or pillows. I was never molested or touched inappropriately by anyone ever in my life. I have no ADD or any other mental or physical problems. I figured this behavior out on my own probably accidental. Any repetitive motion against that area will create that sensation and as a child you don't even know it sexual, it's a new discovery that feels good. I do remember getting yelled at once for this behavior and I thought it was a bad and nasty thing. That did not stop me, because once you feel it even if by accident any NORMAL person would continue to do it. I just continued to do it secretly and still do it to this day. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a child doing this behavior as long as it's not viewed by anyone.
My daughter, we're sure, started pointing at her pee-pee even before she turned two. However, lately (past 2 weeks) she mentioned our babysitter's husband name (my daughter is 2 and a half old and not yet fully verbal) and even today when we took her to the babysitter's house, she told us in front of the babysitter, "I don't like Victor", whose is the babysitter's husband's name.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but at the moment I felt enraged, and I felt like beating the hell out of that guy. However, I am not sure if our daughter started to make reference to her pee-pee around the time we started employing this babysitter or before... we're confused and worried though I read most of the posts, but I am still upset.... maybe the first thing to do be to take her to the pediatrician.
Of course she assumes that, not that I have anything against those that travel off the beaten path personally but it is an unbalance chemical or otherwise that causes it, much like depression.. further there was a study done and it stated that over 95% of them were molested and likely the cause. Id hope my child was heterosexual too, much the same as I hoped she had ten toes, either way its ok and wont affect my love but you still sigh that breath of relief when you see em.

As for the study I cannot quote it off the top of my head but will try to find it for you, and again I have nothing against, nor is this post meant in a hateful manner, towards anyone.
it's NOT okay if he or she does it behind closed doors because it starts to feel good and by the time she's 12 or so she'll become worse and wanting to have sick. You all make me sick. My 3 yr old does this and she gets into trouble each and every time and found out her uncle was touching her and making her and the dr said she has gotten so used to it where she can't stop and to smack her hands and let her no that that's a NO and you will get in trouble for that. Grow up ppl and take ur children and get them checked. When ur in the middle of making love ur too busy to be looking at the door who knows some of u ur child/children could have woken up and went to get u but seen u doing stuff and it made them want to do it to them self's grow up and get ur child/children CHECKED.
http://www.babycenter.com/0_masturbation-why-it-happens-and-what-to-do-about-it_63674.bc
I am that kid that did that when I was that same age I am now in my teens but I remember what started it.  It was the car seat but then when I also got punished I did it when I thought no one was looking and started holding my breath and so no one would hear me.  But I stopped around 4 doing it constantly.  Now I do it in private about 2 times a month or so.  And now I got curious to see if it was normal for a girl and I found this that sounds so much like me.  Plus I think it helps a girl from becoming sexually active early.  
I am a in my late teens and I was that kid that did it and when I was punished I felt bad and now like someone else said I fell guilty about sex because someone made me feel really bad about myself. But now I have been an straight a student since 7 th grade and played and instrument to the extent I could.  Without any one telling me "do this, do that" I did it on my own and when I got older than 2 self control became one of my strengths but I still feel very bad about sex. so just encourage her to stop in public and do it in private.
Can someone help me out ??? My daughter is now 2 years old... and since she was about a year and a half.... if shes in her buggy car seat anything enclosed she rotates her legs super fast like shes humping ? and zones out face gets all red and hot sometimes even grinds her teeth :S its just embarrassing because people stare ? and i wanna make sure shes ok like what is she doing :S even if shes held close to my body she will do it ....zones out and blocks everything out and just rotates her legs and clinches her fist onto something super tight :(
Whatever your opinions are about masturbation, the point is, you need to teach her that if she is going to do this, she needs to do it in private. That's the main thing. We are all sexual creatures, even when we are unassuming children (not suggesting adults should take advantage of this, saying that all humans have sexuality, and often discover this, and the ability to give yourself pleasure, very young).

And FYI to everyone, you don't need to be molested to start masturbating. Intelligent creatures learn to do what makes them feel good.

The logic some have used about masturbation's relation to sexual abuse is like saying watching porn makes you a serial killer. We should have a lot more serial killers. Just because one thing can lead to another, it doesn't always.

You could try punishing her, but that will only work if you explain 'why' her behaviour is inappropriate. I used to masturbate all the time, I can't remember if my parents told me to do this in private but I know I eventually did. The key thing is not to make her feel ashamed for doing something MANY people do. All you need to do is tell her to do this in private and consistently tell her to do so when she starts masturbating in public.
It's quite humorous that you feel that way, and that you would blame a completely normal human behavior with that of "ADD", "bipolar disorder", or "autism". It is completely ignorant for you to say that. I can remember masterbating from the time I was around 4-5. And it wasn't just every once in a while, it was a constant multiple times a day thing.  No one EVER touched me in any kind of way, I had no idea what sex was, and I DEFINITELY do not have any of the disorders you speak of. My mother was understanding and explained to me that it was completely normal and to only do that in my room.  I am now 20 years old and have never had any problems with my health, sexuality, relationships, or what have you. Humans are sexual beings. It is unfortunate that people like you try to write that off as being sick with an illness like "ADD". That's just crazy to me. This mother should not be so concerned with this. The child will eventually grow out of it and she will eventually understand more of what she is doing and why it is wrong to do in public. She's NOT sick just because she masterbates.
can we share what u had please i got same problem with my kid
this might be difficult for you to question but mabe she was touched at a family get together, if your 2 year old hasn't been touched by the people babysitting her then the only other option i can think of is another person in your family did somthing to her when u  weren't looking ........or someone was masterbating and your 2 year old was in the room and they didn't care to stop because they were peaking, also someone could have masterbated while touching her during play time and used her to get them to have an orgasm,.... my advice is to buy new clothes that can't B removed and thick enough that she can't feel anything against herself when she rubs on objects u should also talk to a psycologist about how to keep an eye out for signs these are a few i know and u can look for theses at family get togethers and other times,  diaper lowered after 10 minutes of use, pants falling down when they have to be adjusted for easy access to private parts, clothing un tucked when previously tucked,and direct disobedienc
it is normal for children to masterbate around 7 years old till 14 years old, children around that age are just starting puberty around 11 years old, kids under 11 its just curiosity
my friend had her daughter come stay with me and my kids for the week, her 3 year old was rubbing and humpin her hands and grunting i told her to stop right away. i have never encountered this kinda stuff before and i have four children. i believe if you let the child know right away thats a huge no no the  less of a problem here on out. It not good for a baby to play with their privites and its NOT normal. I just dont know what to say to my friend because i dont want to seem rude but really do not let children do that.

Hi everyone -

This thread is closed.  

Thanks,

Emily

****************************** CLOSED THREAD  **************************
                               NO MORE POSTS, PLEASE
This thread is CLOSED.  Please do not post to it.

Thanks,

Emily

*********************** CLOSED THREAD **************************************
                       NO MORE POSTS, PLEASE
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.