2 yr old having night terrors?
My two year old has been acting strangely while asleep and it's scaring me! Just two nights ago, I heard sounds coming from his room. It sounded like he was talking, so I went in there to see what he was doing and he was asleep, but he looked awake. He was giggling and laughing and I honestly thought he was awake, but he wasn't! I even picked him up and held him for a minute, gave him kisses and laid him back down and that is when he freaked out. He woke up, and was completely trembling. It was like he didn't know where he was, or who I was. This is not the first time this has happened, but other times, he has screamed out in the middle of the night. I even found him on top of a dresser in his room one night and when I went to put him back in bed, he woke up and started freaking out. These are just two examples of this, it has been going on for a while and in different forms. Anyone have any idea what this is?? Thank you!
i know what your going thru, my 2 year old dd has the same problem. her night terrrors stemmed from her witnessing my ex hubby abusing me. he hasn't been in our lives since april 9th. only thing i can do for her is hold her in my arms until the terrors pass. you never know when its gonna happen. hopefully tho, it will pass. i know what the effect it has on a parent. especially if your a single mom like i am. i'll pray for you in hopes it will pass.
Thank you! So far so good, the night terrors seemed to have subsided for now. Hopefully it will stay that way!