Child Behavior Expert Forum
27 month old gets frustrated easily and violent

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My daughter has never been an easy baby to take care of. If I cater to her every whim IMMEDIATELY she would be a very nice child. If I don't she will scratch, hit, and yell. She becomes extremely frustrated when she plays with toys and they are not doing what she wants and will throw a fit. If I tell her no to anything she will more than likely stand there hitting and scratching me while yelling at me to do whatever it is that she wants.

She is not always mean. I would say MAYBE half of the time she can be very sweet and demonstrative. She appears to be smarter than most children at this age and can speak in proper sentences and has for quite sometime.

Is this normal? Is medication an option at this age? Are these signs of pyschological or emotional problems?
No, medication is not an option. This behavior results from her becoming overwhelmed when she experiences frustration of her wishes. Look at all the recent posts. Every one represents the same general situation, and the way to handle it is by a systematic approach to behavior managment. In other words, the cure will come from adjusting your parenting technique. Your child will change to the degree that you can change. As I have mentioned to the other parents, take a look at Lynn Clark's book SOS Help for Parents and follow the guidelines in every detail.