3 Year Old Grandaughter Seperation anxiety
My Granduaghter is 3.5 and I have taken care of her since she was born 5 days a week while Mom and Dad work.
She is a very good girl and I hardly have any discipline issues with her as long as she is wih me. When her Mom comes to pick her up in the evening she is then a different child. Whines, cries and misbehaves.
When her Mom takes her places and people that she has known since she was born approaches her she can be totally rude. Turns away, always wanting her Mom to carry her, doesn't want to walk. But when I take her to these same places she is totally different. She will shy away from people when I have her. She does not want to be independent around her mother but when I have her she is totally independent.
Grandma needs HELP, it is embarrasing!
She misses the attention of her mom this is classic behavior of a child wanting more attention, no doubt she loves you, but its mom who needs to spend more time and have more fun with her. The wanting Mom to carry her speaks volumes, have a word with her Mom and see if she can spend more quality time with her daughter, Dad aswell.,