Child Behavior Community
3 Year Old Separation Anxiety
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

3 Year Old Separation Anxiety

My son Turned 3 this last September.. He is an over all great kid.. He is very well behaved. and polite. He loves to share and be around others. My problem started a few weeks ago with him Wanting to see me or be near me.. It doesn't matter where we are.. I have to be in his sight at all times.. Even when we are home.. He is deathly afraid that I am going to leave him.. I can't go to that bath room by myself or walk down the hall way.. I can't go in my room with out him chasing after me screaming.. My husband works all day and I'm a stay at home mother.. My nephew moved in a few weeks ago. I don't know if it's because of change. But he is use to people around all the time. Mostly my family. He had Separation Anxiety before and he grew out of it.. But this time it's bad.. I don't know what to do about it and I don't want to make him feel like it's his fault when I am upset. I can't take a step back or have time for myself to think. He has to be near me. I want to have him in Pre-School but I am afraid he wont be excepted because of his Separation Anxiety. I just wanted to know what I can do or if there are any programs that me and my son can take to help him.. I don't want him to miss out on pre-school and learning his social skills and developement with others.. Please help.. Thanks Heather