Child Behavior Community
3 year old boy Excessive Drooling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

3 year old boy Excessive Drooling

This not so much a question as a statement....I have a 3 y 10m old Great little boy, He has only been talking for about 3 months..He has excessive drooling and is an awkward runner...He is very very smart and loving...he reads on a first grade level...But his speech therapist has diagnosed him with apraxia....Which boils down to he has very little control over his muscles in his mouth..and problems with his Gross motor Skills...So the mom who posted that it was due to the size of the child..I would revist the DR. and just ask them if it could be something else..

Jack WIndsor was very shy, did not interact with kids at mothers day out, did not speak just point and grunt, and the drooling is horrible...these are his symptoms and he was Diagnosed and a course of action was  taken now he talks up a storm and is up to 5 word sentences which is great...

Other symptoms from the occupational therapist side...did not want his feet to leave the ground...awkward running (more like a fast walk.) now he is great..

This discussion is related to 6 year old drooling some and may have some social development delays.
I don't understand this posting - but, sounds like apraxia to me.  Are you questioning the diagnosis?  Just wondering ....