Child Behavior Community
3 year old not not wanting to go to daycare

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My three year old toddler recently has changed classrooms and is not adjusting well.  For six weeks, he has and continues to cry each morning and beg to not go to his new classroom.  I have tried to let him talk more than me by telling me what he does not like about his new classroom. The only feedback I have received so far from my son is that he does not like his nap, the new playground he now plays on and the teachers.  I looked into the nap practices in the new classroom and determined not much has changed.  The playground is something he can adjust to.  The teachers he has in the classroom tend to be less engaging and less prone to offer a hug or a warm and fuzzy moment, which is something that he needs.  Despite that, there is a certified teacher present and he is offered an early learning childhood circulum.  I have contacted the owner of the school about my son's behavior and check in weekly about how the week has gone.  I have assured that the teachers all love the children and are qualified to teach the class.  It does make me heartsick to see my child so anxious each morning to see if he has to go to school.  The anxiety just melts when he hears that he does not need to go due to a weekend.  On school days, I end up rubbing his back and talking about all the fun things that he likes to do in school.  The tears tend to subside slowly.  He cries when we drop him off, but he stops shortly after we leave and gets in engaged with the other kids.  He can have another crying episode before lunch and cries for mommy and daddy and to go home.  The teachers get him thru lunch and then a nap.  After nap, he tends to have a really good and tear-free afternoon.  I am stumped with what to do and how much weight I should put on the tears.  He has cried when changing classrooms before, but the tears usually last no more than 2 weeks.  It has been 6 weeks and the tears, anxiety and begging for a different school just don't stop each morning.  He is slated to start a new classroom (preschool) in a few weeks, which will be yet another change.  My husband and I are working to get our son thru the next few weeks in the current class and then see how the new preschool class and teachers match up for our son.  We struggle with how much the daily anxiety will hurt our son till he is in a new class.  He is getting constipated lately, which is extremely not like him.  His food has not changed, so I have assumed the anxiety may be part of it or that he is uncomfortable having a BM in his current class.

Any guidance would be appreciated.