Child Behavior Community
3 yr old with PDD-NOS being very aggressive...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I have a 3 yr old son that was just diagnosed with pdd nos. He is currently attending an early education daycare but he is being very aggressive with the other children in his class and with me. I have no idea how to stop this behavior, Currently he is biting, pinching, grabbing, pulling hair, shoving and pushing. This past month he has recieved 19 incident reports this month. And I am afrid that its going to get worse. He is can be a very sweet little boy but then there are time that he can be so mean where anything and everything makes him become aggressive. There are no behavior therapist where I live so I dont know what to do to help. I will appreciate any advice anyone can give me thank you...
sorry i dont have any advice, but I have a friend who's three year old is doing exactly the same things! He is about to get kicked out of his daycare (because he constantly attacks other children and staff), and she is really struggling to cope.  She cant leave her baby out of arms reach because her three year old attacks him also.  What is PDD-NOs? Maybe he might have some sort of similar condition (he has other things going on too, he is gifted iq wise but has signifcant dyspraxia and behavioural disorders etc etc)
anyway - at least you are not alone! sorry i don t have any practical advice to offer :(
well the full name of PDD-NOS is Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified, Is a Form of Autism and it is on the high functioning side of the autism spectrum...
what state do you live in?  i live in nyc and i believe my son is going to be diagnosed with pdd-nos.  we are in our 2nd stage of evaluation, but based on what i have read on the internet, he seems to fit the criteria.  Anyway, I'm in the same boat as you are in.  My son is 4 years old and his special ed class is trying to kick him out for his overly aggresive (aggressive) behavior with other kids.  luckily i live in a city full of resources but i'm still new to this and it can be overwhelming.  you may want to ask your pediatrician for a referal.  I'm assuming he was diagnosed by a psychiatrist or psychologist, so they should be able to give you referrals as well.  in new york they have a cpse program for kids aged out of early intervention services where the department of education provides special classes or therapists come to your house to provide services.  my son started this program at 3 years old.  i hope this helps.  Also, there are children's advocates in my community that provide information.  So you could maybe google PDD-NOS and your state to see what comes up. As soon as I find out more info, I will let you know.