3.5 Year Old Boy Misbehaving at Nursery
My son started nursery a few months ago, a few weeks after his baby brother was born. He gets along with his brother now, behaves reasonably well at home and enjoys nursery. The problem is he has been having tantrums and lashing out at nursury. He has hit the teacher as well as other children, thrown thing and often has tantrums when its time to sit down for fruit or a story.

At home he never hits or throws, rarely has a tantrum and always eats his food with us at the table. I take no nonscence off him and he is punished with the naughty step if he refuses to listen. He is a strong willed child but he usualy listens to me and I can controll him well enough at home. He eats and sleep very well and has been potty trained from 2.5 years.

I have had a good talk with him on many ocasions about his behavour at nursury, empasising that his teachers are in charge and he must listen to them like he liustens to me. He knows hitting, throwing and tantrums are wrong. I cant understand why he is so different at nursery.

I have a good relationship with his teacher and we both wanto sort out this problem but are at a loss for what to do. She has tried rewarding good behavour but he then goes off and hits someone. I have told her to be firm with him and use the "quiet chair" as the no nonsence aproach works at home. His behavour continues to be unaceptable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all.
Does the school stimulate the children enough , sometimes boredom can make children act out as he is good at home I would suggest you check outif there is a problem at school does he nap there,  do the children get outside ,weather permitting to get rid of the surplus energy, Is the teacher kind and reads ,plays with them . ...
thanks for the reply. The teachers do seem to do alot with the children and the teachers seem nice. theres also loads of helpers there to do activities with them. im not sure if the children go outside, they did every day in late summer when he first started nursery though and there were problems then aswell. he seems to take his aggression out in school rather than at home where i can deal with him properly. We've kept on at him all weekend to behave in school so im hoping he'll have a better week.
update; my son has behaved in nursery for a week and a half now :-) we did'nt let him forget how naughty he'd been in school on the weekend and took away his fave games and fun time with daddy. he got his games back after a full week of good behavour and daddy played with him every evening when he was good in school. the teachers have been keeping him bussy at school, preparing him for break time etc by telling him 5 mins before hand. they've also been stopping tantrums before they really start. this all seems to have helped and i'm hopefull that he will settle down in school now.  
Thats good news sounds like the teachers are also on the ball and keeping him busy and stimulated , I like the way you say that he has fun time and games with Daddy how great that is , it often happens that children do act out when they are bored and dont get enough attention.. Thank you for the update it is always good to hear of a success.....