Child Behavior Expert Forum
4 1/2 year old has issues listening to certain people.

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My 4.5 year old is currently enrolled in a pre-school.  He also went to nurery school last year as well.
However for the past few weeks he has been awful. Won't listen, gets angry, puts up his fists, throws things, ect.

His normal teacher had to go out on medial leave.  So they currently have a sub.  The sub and my son do not get along.  She will nag him about everything. Example he will take his coat off and put it in his cubby not necessary by the hook.  He'll just shove it in there. To me who cares. But she will sit there and argue with him to hang his jacket up by the hook.

So we are currently getting bad reports daily about his behavior.  How he won't listen ect.  
When we asked him he said.  " cuz I was shy and I just wanted to sit in my cubby."
How do I get  him to listen to the sub?
You cannot directly manage this - ot is the staff who must manage it. What you can do is support their efforts and tell your son you expect him to do what he is told. It might help if the staff uses a simple star chart that he can bring home to show you how well he is doing. The 'ratings' should occur only twice daily - i.e., in the morning and afternoon.