Child Behavior Expert Forum
4 1/2 yr. old daughter has been regressing in development
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

4 1/2 yr. old daughter has been regressing in development

About 16 months ago my family moved 2,500 miles away from all of our friends and family in order for my husband to attend graduate school.  Before we moved, my daughter (who was 3 at the time) was already fully potty trained during the day and working on nighttime training.  When we first arrived here, I enrolled both of my children in preschool (my son was 4 1/2 and my daughter 3).  After 2 weeks into school, my daughter began having trouble making it to the bathroom and also seemed to be having trouble with her 3 preschool teachers (she would cry anytime they would approach her).  I decided to pull her out of school and keep her at home with me.  Since then she has made no progress in potty training.  She makes it to the bathroom every time she has a BM, but almost never when she has to urinate.  It is almost as though she doesn't care.  I have tried rewards systems, which work for a little while and then she loses interest.  I have tried putting the timer on for every 30 min. and reminding her to get to the potty, but she'll still wet her pants.  She isn't always emptying her entire bladder, but she piddles in her pants literally EVERY time! She would sit in her soiled panties all day if we allowed her to.  

Life in our house has been very stressful with my husband in grad school full time and me as a SAHM with no outside help.  I understand this is probably the biggest reason for my daughter's regression.  I am just wondering what I can do.  We only have another 8 1/2 months before we move back home; but I'd like to nip this in the bud right now...enough is enough!