4 year old bits himself
When my 4 year old gets in trouble and is sent to his room for timeout he bits his arms. Always in the same spot. He just started doing this a couple of months ago. What should I do?
Has he seen anyone else do this, is he an only child ? he does it out of frustration, try having a time out chair or cushion near by where you are instead of sending him to his room, could you give an instance of what happens prior to him being sent to his room ..
No he is not the only child, he has a 2 year old sister. I have asked him if he has seen anyone do that, he always tells me no. He said he does it cause he is so mad. Just last night it was past there bedtime he wanted to finish watching his tv show. I told him if he sat down he could finish that show, but he kept wrestling with his sister and after being told a couple of times to calm down I just put them to bed. I went in there a couple of minutes later to check on him and that's when he told me he bit his arms again. I just don't know what to do. I am a stay at home mom. He doesn't go to school yet. I don't let them watch bad tv shows/movies.
Sounds like he is doing it to get a reaction, and attention, perhaps if you dont ask, and kind of ignore it he wont think its worth while bothering to do it.It may be best not to let him wrestle at all,she is 2 year old maybe be in the same room and tell him no , when he goes to do it.,children of this age do need supervision at least till they are older. Plkay the bitibg down so its not getting any reaction it is possible he could do with some sports and games if Dad is around get him to play ball games, and other sports and activities with him ..
Sorry finger racing.PLay the biting down
He is in t-ball. His father takes him to the park all the time to play ball with him. They are always supervised. Thank you I will try not to react to his biting.