4 year old plays with other kids only for sometime
My 4 year old son goes to pre-school for 3 hrs . he loves it . he learnt to talk late . now he talks not very much as other 4yr old. and but he is improving very well . now today his teacher said asked his father if he plays at home  , she said that my son plays with other kids for sometime and he is on his own going around. thye want to assign someone to play with him..thye asked us to fill some forms . they will bring someone who will play him...we are surprised and worrried . we did not notice such behavior in my son . we do not have very much a social life .  but whenever we go out , we find him playing with other kids very well .  he loves sundayschool. he has kind of improved on his interaction.  am confused. he is my only son . he does not have siblings to play with . he plays on his own at home. if there is  another kid like when visistors he does play..i wonder why this kind of behaviour there that they had have someone to come and play with my child. please help.
A lot of development is seen through play and improved through play.  Try not to worry as it sounds like you are at an excellent school.  They have a concern and are following up on it.  I assume it is an adult that is going to work with your child.  Speech and language issues can impede social interaction with a child and their peers.   Also, imaginative play is an important developmental milestone.  Some kids also lack play skills as they didn't come upon them naturally for some reason.  So, I'm not sure exactly what the issue is but when a school states a concern and are trying to follow up on it it is best to approach it with an open mind.  He is young and if there is an issue, now is the time to handle it.  Early intervention can do wonders.  Good luck.