4 year old says a man at preschool touched her private part.
I have two daughters, 6 and 4 years old. They both get small rashes occasionally from not wiping properly. So we often apply diaper rash and I have never noticed any kind of strange bruising or scratching. However today my 4 year says to me that it hurts her there and since I never want to ignore the possibility I asked her why? I said "did you not clean it properly or did you wipe yourself too strong? She says "no the boy did it and he put a lot of paper in 'my butt' and it hurt". She also said he poked her in her private part and demonstrated with her pointer finger. Of course she is 4 so her story has fluctuated from "boy" to "man" to "mean officer" she said this man called her a baby cry and stupid. Then she said he used a needle.
I asked if she told her teacher and she said her teacher was talking but she also said she was crying. I don't think that she can make this up but she doesn't seem like she is afraid to go to school and she said she isn't afraid of the man. Also I'm not sure who to approach first, the teacher, the councilor or the police.
Well being a serious matter your daughter is old enough to tell you someone touched her so i would consider talking to the teacher and if something isn't right I would have the police investigate because remember that their are more children who might be going through the same things.
Well, if this were me, I would assume that something had happened.  I think children may not always get all the details straight, but it does sound like some sort of innappropriate touching has happened.  I tend to be overly cautious, but my first reaction would be to have her see a professional who is properly trained to find out this type of information in young children.  I would also have a very serious conversation with the school.  And truth be told, I would probably remove my child from the school until you can get to the bottom of things.  

I wouldn't necessarily assume the worst - it could easily have been another young child just being silly, and I wouldn't jump to molestation by an adult or anything.  But I know that I would have to try  to get to the bottom of things, and ensure my child was fully protected.  

Best of luck to you, and i hope you get your answers quickly and that your daughter is doing well.
she should be examined by a doctor. physical evidence would make it a lot easier.

also do remember that kids can lie, but always give them the benefit of the doubt. if you really are that worried about it then send her someplace else.