Child Behavior Expert Forum
4 year old seems to hate me
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

4 year old seems to hate me

My son was a little over a year old when I left for basic training for the military. I came back 6 months later my son had no idea who I was. He lived with his dad the while time I was gone and him and I were no longer together. I got primary physical custody of him and his dad had visitation weekends. Every time I go to get my son who is now 4 years old he screams and cries. When he's at my house he constantly wants his dad and throws tantrums and says how much he dislikes me and my house. He has gotten to the point where I let him stay at his dads full time but he won't even talk on the phone with me. What should I do?
242606_tn?1243786248
Your son clearly formed an attachment to his father and this has not occurred with you. For now it does look like the better option is for his father to be the primary custodial parent.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank