4 year old severe behavior
I have a 4 year old son who recently has been exhibiting behavior that has me concerned. He has always been active, running everywhere and constantly on the go, I've been creative in dealing with that behavior but recently I am at my wits end.

It started when he began taking things from around the house and hiding it in his room, things like jewelry, pens/pencils, etc. When asked about it, he lies.

He chews on everything, toys, pencils, markers, I even caught him chewing on a glow stick. It's scary, I'm afraid he will chew on something that will make him sick or worse.

The newest disturbing behavior is him urinating in his room. We noticed an odd smell in his room a few days ago, at first I thought it was a piece of food that gone rotten, then thought maybe one of the pets had urinated, while cleaning out his room his father found a plastic toy bin with urine in it. When confronted my son first denied it, then admitted to it. He could not explain why he did it, even though he can open his door to go to bathroom anytime he wants.

He behaves well at his pre-school but when he gets home it's a whole different thing. Any suggestions or advice would be welcome.
I have had similar problems with my four year old. I had her checked out by the health visitors and we've had a few changes in our life recently and she is acting out.
All ou can really do is try and listen even when he is doing something naughty, ask him if he knows why he shouldnt behave that way, or do those things.
A good way of dealing with it is to focus on the good things he does with reward charts. If he is good a pre school he can earn a sticker and then he gets a treat if he gets enough stickers. Involve him in the sticking on the chart. It makes him responsible for his own good behaviour and will learn he is responsible for the bad behaviour too. Taking things away is good. He can earn them back by behaving in an appropriate manner.

All this I got from my health visitor.mi have seen improvement in her behaviour. And I listen more to her little dramas which makes her more comfortable to tell me that she isn't happy with all the changes and it allows me to comfort her and now I know what it is that is bothering her. I think it has made us closer. As I used to get very irritated by her behaviour. Now I try to be understanding, while maintaining discipline.

I hope this helps. You might have tried all this. If you have try speaking to your doctor about his behaviour. Hey might be able to find out what is causing this.

Take care x