Child Behavior Expert Forum
4 year old son pooping his pants at Day Care
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

4 year old son pooping his pants at Day Care

I have a 4 year old son who is potty trained, but when he goes to day care he poops in his pants instead of using the bathroom. It happens almost every other day and when the teachers ask him why he does this, he tells them "because I'm at school." Both I and the teachers have tried to tell him that he is allowed and needs to use the toliet at school. How else can I get through to him??
242606_tn?1243786248
Some children are reticent to use the rest room at school. When he reples 'because I'm at school', it begs the question about what is it at school that inhibits him from using the restroom. Chat with him about this and see what you learn.  And establish an incentive system to motivate him to use the restroom.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
20 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank