Child Behavior Expert Forum
4 year old son pooping his pants at Day Care

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

I have a 4 year old son who is potty trained, but when he goes to day care he poops in his pants instead of using the bathroom. It happens almost every other day and when the teachers ask him why he does this, he tells them "because I'm at school." Both I and the teachers have tried to tell him that he is allowed and needs to use the toliet at school. How else can I get through to him??
Some children are reticent to use the rest room at school. When he reples 'because I'm at school', it begs the question about what is it at school that inhibits him from using the restroom. Chat with him about this and see what you learn.  And establish an incentive system to motivate him to use the restroom.