Child Behavior Expert Forum
4 year old stubborn behavior
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

4 year old stubborn behavior

My 4 year old son is a strong willed, strong minded and stubborn. He is very bright and captivating.  He can also be extreemely challenging.  He gets stuck on issues and doesn't let go.  For example he will ask for a treat or something we don't have, when I say no he keeps asking and it escilates into screaming or crying. I have used the 1,2,3 method, he ususally gets to 3.  We send him to his room and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 time outs in the room to calm down and "let it go".  He is the youngest of 3 boys 1 brother is 18 months older-5 and he has a 10 year old brother.  He has these problems with my husband also.  He does well in school.  He tested the teacher with behavior but has done well overall.  We have had to leave movies, sledding, and shopping.  It effects the whole family, especially my 5 year old, when we can't do an activity because of the behavior or have to leave.  How can I redirect him and get him to let go?  Mom B