Child Behavior Expert Forum
4 year old twin boys behaving VERY BADLY!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

4 year old twin boys behaving VERY BADLY!

I have very healthy, smart and active 4 year old twin boys.  My problem is I can't seem to handle them appropriately anymore and I am not sure what to do!  Their behavior at home with me (mom) is just awful.  They are constantly fighting with each other- hitting, pushing, scratching.  When they were really little they did a lot of biting.  They have started yelling a lot and saying some pretty terrible things- they are going to push me out the window or break things that are dear to me.   On the other hand they are extremely loving when they want to be.  They give lots of hugs and kisses without asking.  They use their manners (much if the time) and tell me they love me all the time.  I have worked hard to try and spend time with them seperately- hiring a babysitter on occasion so each one can have some special time with me or my husband.  By all accounts anyone on the outside would say they are perfect.  Sometimes I think it's a case of being too smart for their own good.  Socially they are normal.  They attend preschool two times a week and they have friends.  They are outgoing and very athletic.  We spend a lot of time outside burning energy.  I need to work with someone who can help me construct a plan for how to deal with this the right way.  I live in New Hampshire.  Any recommendations?  Thank you for your time.  By the way- I know this post might sound normal for anyone who lives with a 4 year old.   I realize this, but still feel that their behavior crosses the line (by a mile!)
Tags: twins, 4 years, 4 year old, boys