Child Behavior Community
4-year-old waking up during the night...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

4-year-old waking up during the night...

I have a 4-year-old son who has been waking up at least twice during the middle of the night. He wakes up between the hours of 2AM-5AM & he'll come into my room asking to watch tv or lay with me. It wouldn't be an issue, but getting him to go back to sleep is usually a struggle & ends up with both of us losing some sleep. To make matters worse I'm also a chronic insomniac & due to be having my second son in just ten days so sleep is something I need. When he first started waking up he would be up for a few minutes then go right back to sleep & then he was only waking at least once.

My husband suffers from sleep apnea which also runs in both of our families (along with insomnia too) & after doing research my son has many of the symptoms of sleep apnea. My husband was diagnosed via sleep study & we were considering getting our son checked out for it. He has an appt with his pediatrician coming up in a week so I plan on expressing my concerns. My question is: has anyone ever had a child with sleep apnea or a sleep disorder & how did you deal with it?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom
13167 tn?1327197724