Child Behavior Community
4 year old won't play?!?!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

4 year old won't play?!?!

Sometimes my son won't play......he comes to me and says he doesn't want to play anymore. So I'll give him other options, like coloring or reading and he doesn't want to do any of them. Sometimes I'll walk by his room to find him just lying on the floor looking up at the ceiling....doing nothing. Or sometimes I'll hear a toy going off in repetition, so I'll go to his room to find out if it's stuck or something and it's my son just sitting there, pushing the button making the toy go off over and over again. I'll tell him to stop and he will but then he goes back to just laying there because he "doesn't want to play". Now this is not everyday, some days he entertains himself really well and everything is fine.....but somedays it's not. I've tried spending more time with him....today when he came home from preschool, I read to him, 2 of his longest books (and we all have to admit, sometimes we choose the shorter books when they want us to read to them).......anyway, when I finished he want to read more and I told him maybe later and his reply was, "Well, I didn't want to read the ones you read to me." So that irritated me a little, I thought he would like for me to read to him.....that's why I did.......just strange behavior.