Child Behavior Expert Forum
4 yr old does not want to urinate

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

4 yr old does not want to urinate

For the past few weeks my 4 year old daughter does not want to urinate and has been refusing to try. She hold her bladder and eventually urinates in her pants, her bed, the floor, etc. When she does urinate she seems to have a sensation that she is still wet around her vagina. There is no burning sensation - just a sensation of being wet. She uses and extreme amount of toilet paper to wipe herself and then will use a towel to make certain she is dry. We are at loss as to what to do. We have left her on the toilet for longer periods of time but it does not seem to help. Any suggestions?
Since this appears to have started rather abruptly I would suggest having her evaluated medically. It'll be important to rule out any UI or other problem.