4 yr old wont go in the potty
My son just turned 4 years old. And his father and I are no longer together so he spends every other weekend with his dad, he'll go pee and poop in the potty at his dads house with no problem but as soon as he gets back home he wont go to the potty at all, i'll have him sit on the potty for a while and he wont go but as soon as he gets up and goes to his room he poops and pees in his pants,i refuse to put on a pull up because he'll just go in it anyway, i want him to feel uncomfortable after he goes in his pants to see if that will encourage him to go in the potty. I've tried everything his dad told me worked for him but no luck. I want to enroll him in school this fall but im afraid he wont be able to go because of the potty training. I thought about letting him stay at his dads house for a few weeks till he gets the hang of going in the potty all time but im not sure if that will work. Any suggestions? Should i just let him stay at his dads?
Maybe try explaining to your son that if he cannot go in the potty like the big kids then he will miss out on all the fun stuff in school because he won't get to attend. My oldest daughter was 4 before she got the potty down. She is almost 7 now and she still is afraid of flushing the toilet so I know what you are stuggling with. Good luck!