4.5 year old has issues with clothing and shoes
Hello all - I am looking to see if anyone has a solution to the problem with my daughter:  She is 4.5 and most morning are chaotic nightmares!  She cannot seem to find pants, underwear, shirts and shoes that "feel good" - she describes them all as "yucky".  I had issues with the seams on my socks when I was little (they bothered me) - but her issue is much more extreme.  We go through countess outfits and shoes until we're all tired, grouchy and that is no way to start a day!
Any help you could lend would be greatly appreciated.
It appears as if this schild is suffering from sensory issues.  I might suggest you google the phrase "sensory integration" or "sensory issues in children" or similar phrases to find out more information on this topic.  Hope this helps...
I have had the same problems, and it changed when we started getting the clothes ready the previous night.  I suggest that if a certain piece of clothing does not feel well on her, it will never... ask her if you may give it away and get rid of it.  Sometimes it may not be sensory problems but only a four year olds way of trying to control the situation. Stop the power battle by removing the current routine.  Get a special chair to "save" her day clothes for the morning... and reward her with a lot of hugs and special smiles if the next morning getting dressed went well! All the best!
Thank you both for your responses.  I will look into sensory issues.
Thankfully, this morning went much better!  I do think it is some sort of control thing....
Best to both of you!
My son who is now 17 struggled with sensory issues when he was about 4.   What finally helped were "tight" clothes - a pair of bicycle shorts and an underarmour type shirt under his clothing.  Worked like a charm!  

Hopefully I can help--I am a special education teacher and started a clothing company for kids with sensory clothing issues.  we just started--and  so far the feedback has been great from parents and kids.  You can find us at www.softclothing.net.  Also, we have resources on our blog and social network to help find therapeutic methods to help with sensory sensitivity.  You are definitely not alone--I hear from hundreds of parents weekly.