Child Behavior Community
5 YEAR OLD BEHAVIOR

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

5 YEAR OLD BEHAVIOR

i have four children. 7, 5, 3 and a 5 month old. i dont have any trouble with the others but my 5 year old. it started when i had my 3 year old. she tryed suffocating her when she was 2 wks old. now she tryed it with the new baby.
she misbehaves at school, she isolates herself from other children and trys to hard to be liked. example: shell give something she really likes(money or toys) to another kid just to be liked. she recently started acting up with her teacher. the teacher asked for her to read her a sentence on the board and she read it backwards. exp:the cat is nice.
(nice is cat the). the teacher will talk to her face to face and she will tell her " what? i cant ear you"
she finds things such as people falling or accidents to be amuzing and funny. she throws a fit now when i ask her to go in the corner. she will tell my oldest things about me like "mommy doesnt know anything" OR "mommy is dumb".
im so fed up with her behavior and not to mention stressed out. i have tryed talking to her and i tell her i love her very much and i hate to have to punish her all the time. it almost seems like she has this down as a rutine that she doesnt care if she gets in trouble anymore. im so concerned for her behavior and im afraid i cant fix it before its too late.
please help!
  • Website (22 replies):
    Hi, I just wanted to post my 3d pics of my baby if anyon...[more]
  • 7 year old frighten of house cat
    My friend's 7 year old daughter is terrified of their 1 ...[more]
  • CATS (11 replies):
    WE ARE DUE TO HAVE OUR THIRD IN NOVEMBER,WITH OUR OTHER ...[more]
  • Cats (16 replies):
    I've been told on numerous occasions that cats and babie...[more]
  • Cats (7 replies):
    Okay, I think I am offically paranoid. Is there anythin...[more]
My heart really goes out to you.  I can't image the kind of stress you must feel at home.  I have a student who is like your daughter.  A lady at my church came to me telling me she wanted to encourage one of my students.  The day he found out he had a lady that wanted to write him, his whole countenance changed.  He still has bad days, but I can tell he's trying.  Do you have a neighbor friend that would like to be her mentor?  The big brothers big sisters program could work for you.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you so much, we can never have enough prayer. My church does have a big brother/big sister program but i have not been going for the past two months. My husband and i are going through a seperation i hope its temporary. see he has recently been diagnosed with some kind of depression. i feel like all this is alot on a childs shoulders and mayb shes just feeling angry with the both of us because of our speration the past month. anyhow, i thank you again for your comment and your prayers.