Child Behavior Community
5 Yr Old Behavior at Preschool

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

5 Yr Old Behavior at Preschool

My son turned 5 in Nov and attends daycare/preschool full time.  Today the daycare director informed me that she received a call from an upset parent regarding something my son said to another 5 year old boy.  He told the other boy that he wanted to see one of their teachers (he mentioned her by name) "naked and see her privates".  The other parent called to report this and was upset stating that this was alarming that a 5 year old would say such a thing.  While inappropriate I would not say it was alarming but normal.  I have talked to my son in the past (on a 5 year old's level and what is appropriate for him to be aware of at this age) about privacy, private parts and what is ok and what is not. my daughter is 3 so he is aware of girls and boys and the visible differences.
I think this is normal and is not cause for alarm but is cause for me to have a conversation with him regarding what is appropriate and what is not.  Am I on the right track???