5 and hurting children
My five year old is pretty good when he is with adults, but when there are other children around, he says very mean things to them, yells at them, hits them, punches them.  It just seems if he doesn't get his way, if he is jealous, if they don't want to play what he plays, if he is peer pressured into doing something naughty, he will do it.  At a play group I go to once a week, every week some child is coming up telling me he hurt them in some way.  He hates kindergarten, all of the babysitters we have gone through hate him but one.  I am at my last string.  Help, please.
What kind of consequences does he have for this behavior?  If I see the bad behavior at a playdate, I would sit him out for 5 minutes and tell him if I see it again or hear of it again, we would leave.  If he is mean or hateful to a sitter, I would send him to bed the next day and take away some of his privilidges the next day.  He is young enough that you can help pick friends that will be a good influence.  I would only let those children come over until I felt he was mature enough not to follow the bad influences.  I hope this helps.  I know how helpless you can feel at some times.  Good luck and God bless.