Child Behavior Expert Forum
5-year-old bowel problems! PLEASE HELP!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Alright, I am at my wits end. My 5 year old daughter has been potty trained for a very long time! She never has accidents or anything! Yesterday her dad called me (we are not together) and said that he found poop in her underwear...not just streaks. We thought it was weird but she said she didn't know what happened, i could tell she was embarassed...
Then today, her dad called me and said he was cleaning her room and found 8 pairs of underwear in her laundry basket, all with the same thing in them...I talked to my daughter about it and she still said she didn't know...
But now she was sitting in our hot tub, (which btw we turned down and no jets were on :) ) and she started freaking out that she had to get out to go to the bathroom... well to make a long story short, she pooped her pants. I cleaned her up and talked to her about it and she was VERY embarassed and said she didn't try and that she couldn't help it.
I let her go back into the hot tub after i changed her and not even 5 minutes later she stands up and said she did it again! This time in the hot tub!!! This time it was actually a bowel movement too!! Then I cleaned her up again and made her sit on the toilet to try to go and she went again....and not to be gross, but they're VERY large!!

I am a young single mom and I have no idea what to do!!! ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!! Thank you!!
She should be evaluated by her pediatrician for possible impacted bowels. this pattern is typical of children who display this condition, which requires clean-out and sustained treatment under medical supervision.