Child Behavior Expert Forum
5 year old boy pooing his pants
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

5 year old boy pooing his pants

My five year old is fully potty trained but since he has started this year in sk he has pooing his pants here and there but now for the last week has been doing it everyday i have taken every approach to this  i have didciplined him then tried to be understanding to his feeling asked him y and he gives me reason like kids will laugh at him hearing him go or hes afraid someone is gunna walk in and see him since the bathroom is in the classroom. but this last week i went back to dicipline thinking maybe he stopped before was beacause he gets in trouble for it ( time out in his room) i dont know what to do what is a suggested way to deal with him the last thing i want him to feel is embarrsed and ashamed at school we all know kids can be mean
242606_tn?1243786248
You are adopting the wrong approach by taking a punitive stance. he's being very clear with you about why he is reticent to use the restroom in class. Ask for help from the teacher and try to involve the counselor at school. This sort of anxiety about using the restroom at school is not uncommon.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank