5 year old girl with some behavior issues
I have a 6 year old boy and a 5 year old girl.  The boy is VERY respectful and kind to everyone.  The girl on the other hand will throw rocks at her friends, tell my wife see wants her to die, and is very rude to others.  These behaviors only happen when my wife is around.  See will though a "typical" fit now and again when she isn't around but they can be controled with a bit of time.  She has no respect for my wife and things seem to be getting much worse.  My wife is starting to be more of a disaplinarian to my girl, but it is really starting a problem with everyones mental health in the house.  She has no problems in school or when she is with others (and my wife is not around).  Can anyone help with an answer?

This discussion is related to 5-year old behavior problems.
Is your wife the child's mom? Your daughter may not have a fond relationship to your wife and may feel anger towards her if she has a mom & then another mom. Discipline is a must for young children , there behaviors may become very permanent & feelings towards your wife.You might want to sit down with them both and talk through it because tension in your household could lead to having to make a choice, your daughter or your wife. nobody wants to do that. And children also pick up on behaviors around them, her being the disciplinarian doesn't seem good since the child shows resentment towards her. You should be disciplining her , if the wife is only around then her but until then you should really figure out why the 5yr old is like this