5 year old playing dr.
My 5 year old just recently started undressing his friends. He had a play date with a 4 year old girl and while they were playing in her playroom he undressed her. When I found out (walked in on them) I was shocked, but then took him home and talked to him about other people's privacy. We had talked before about his privacy, so I explained that just like we don't want other people looking at or touching his naked body he needed to follow the same rules for other people. He said he understood and I thought that was a lesson learned... until today. We were having another play date (with a different child, a boy this time) and my son was trying to coax him into taking his shirt off. The little boy came and asked him mom if it was okay cause my son said it was; she said no and the little boy ran back into the bedroom... knowing what had happened before I decided to go check on them and sure enough when I got to the doorway my son was still trying to convince him to do this. I called him into the bathroom and I reminded him what we had talked about before and then he got really mad at me and defensive. When we came out of the bathroom the other boy was upset and wanted to go home. I know it made the little boy uncomfortable, and frankly it makes me uncomfortable, but how do I make my son see that this is not an appropriate behavior?
http://www.ipce.info/booksreborn/martinson/articles/1994_children.html