Child Behavior Expert Forum
5 year old son, social problem

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

5 year old son, social problem

My son who just started kindergarten 2 weeks ago, does not talk to the other kids unless he is prompted, than he talks away. He had a speech problem and has been in speech thearpy since 2 years old, and since than I have always prompted him to say hi, and he does. I notice now that he'll go up to older kids and adults and iniate by saying hello, what is your name, and by kids his own age, if it's a small group of kids. He has been seeing a thearapist since 3 years old, she sees no autism. He loves other children and doesn't want to ever leave kndergarten, he wants to play.Can you pls help. charlies mom
Give him time and be patient and supportive. The fact that he's able to greet others when prompted is a favorable sign, and you can expect that he will continue to progress. I really don't think that you should be worried about this.