Child Behavior Expert Forum
5 year old son, social problem
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

5 year old son, social problem

Hello,

My son who just started kindergarten 2 weeks ago, does not talk to the other kids unless he is prompted, than he talks away. He had a speech problem and has been in speech thearpy since 2 years old, and since than I have always prompted him to say hi, and he does. I notice now that he'll go up to older kids and adults and iniate by saying hello, what is your name, and by kids his own age, if it's a small group of kids. He has been seeing a thearapist since 3 years old, she sees no autism. He loves other children and doesn't want to ever leave kndergarten, he wants to play.Can you pls help. charlies mom