5 year old son bizarre behavior
My 5 year old son for about 1 1/2 years now on and off has asked other boys to "smell their butts" and for them to smell his.  He has not touched anyone or asked anyone to touch them or them to touch him as far as I know.  He recently, as told to me by my sister (33 years old and mother to the "perfect child") sorry, had to put that out there because I am only hearing what she wants to tell me happened,  asked my 4 year nephew, under a blanket to pull his pants down, the 4 year old said no, my son said why do I always have to do it?  My sister then interrupted them and proceeded to come tell me what she "heard"  I need to know if any of this is normal behavior or should i be concerned.  Please help.  
I don't know.  But it is worth a discussion with your son about appropriate behavior.  I'd ask him about the incident with his cousin.  Get as much info as you can.  Then talk about what you expect.  Tell him he is NOT to ask anyone about smelling anything personal, we don't talk about butts and he is not to touch another child's pants or let them touch his----  ever, period.  If it happens after that----  you've got a problem.  Then you can deal with it.  

Problems can range from he has seen something on tv to someone has tried thing son him . . . he is still little and this is still innocent I think.  But you want to nip it in the bud.  good luck.  (and everyone thinks their child is perfect . . . lol . . . until they are proven otherwise-----  which ALWAYS happens at some point.  Have no fear, your sister's turn is coming . . .)