Child Behavior Community
5yo daughter forcefully touching her sister

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I'm confused about what to do, is this normal? I don't feel as though it is.

I have recently found my 5 1/2 yo daughter inappropriately touching her 2 1/2yo sister. Both times she has had her locked in the trampoline in the back yard with her clothes & Nappie off, it comes to my attention when I hear my 2 1/2yo screaming like as if she's been hurt so I run out the house to investigate whats happened. Both times I have found the 5 1/2yo lying on top of the 2 1/2yo while she's screaming while the 5 1/2yo is laughing. I immediately bring them both inside ins separate them, speak to the 2 1/2yo first and ask what her sister was doing (it is hard sometimes as we have communication issues with her) but she indicates  to me that her sister was touching her vagina & bottom and they have appeared red (the 1st time the 5 1/2yo had a stick in her hand when my husband caught her) I then speak my 5 1/2yo and ask her what she was doing all she said was hitting her sisters tummy. This is gross I know but I smelt my 5 1/2yo fingers and she had defiantly been touching they stank and so I asked her again and she said she had been touching her sisters vagina & bottom. She know's this wrong and she shouldn't be doing it but still does!
My 5 1/2yo has always been very sensual with her self (touching, rubbing herself) I know this is normal to an extent and so is curiosity about others. I'v found her straddled on our vibrating foot massager, rubbing herself on the bed legs and when anyone gave her a horse ride on their leg she would rub her groin area up and down their leg. But the forcefulness with her sister worries me the most for obvious reasons.

Please any suggestions would be muchly appreciated.
I think this goes well beyond curiosity, and it's could cause your younger daughter some emotional damage. I would take your oldest daughter to a professional in child behavior and find out what's going on.  This seems to be a constant thing with her, she needs help now, and you need to think about where she has learned this thing with laying on top of her sister, and what it's doing to her younger sister.
I agree with mammo,  and also have to say,  don't turn your back on this children when they are together.     This is well beyond natural looking and touching,  she is hitting this child with a stick.  And when asked what she was doing,  she thought it would be a fine answer to state she was hitting her sister in the stomach.    It's untrue,  but like,  why did she think THAT would be okay?   You don't say what she's like otherwise - whether typically she's kind and thoughtful,  and empathetic and respectful,  but the picture you paint here in this post,  I wouldn't allow her ever to be alone for a moment with a child smaller than she is.

I read this as someone who is acting out things that have happened to her.  Who is in her life that could have been touching her in the way she is touching her little sister and making her feel so powerless and vulnerable and angry that she feels compelled to do it to someone else?