Child Behavior Expert Forum
5yr old behavior change
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

5yr old behavior change

My daughter, who just turned 5 in June, has been acting out for over a year. It started when she was about 3 1/2 with her talking back and not listening me. Over the last year she started wetting the bed, talking back, slapping and hitting herself when she gets mad, says that she doesnt love me or want to live with me anymore, doesnt listen to the teachers at her school, and has also started to have extreme tantrums when she doesnt get her way. Also shes' had accidents at school and told the teacher that she didnt feel like going to the bathroom. I also recently had a daughter in Feb, and my 5yr old is nice and sweet to her, but when she wants to hurt me, she'll say things like I dont want either of you. Her father isnt really active in her life, but my youngest daughters father is there for her, and his family also includes her in their family events. Additionally when she was about 2 yrs old she saw me get assaulted my an ex, she also remembers this in great detail. I dont know if this event has shaped her to be like this in any way, but I do not think that her behavior is normal.
Tags: Behavior Change, expectations 5yrs old boy, daughter