5yr old with bad thoughts
My 5 yr old daughter tells me her brain is thinking bad thoughts. (one that really scared me is " my brain is thinking of killing grandma"). She says she doesnt know why her brain is thinking that and knows its not right. She says she would never hurt grandma (she is very close to her). She asked me to tell her brain to make the bad thoughts go away. Should i have her checked out? How can i help her?  Im scared to not do anything about it and 20 years from now she will be some psycho killer! Please Help!
I would definitely have her seen by a child psychologist for evaluation.  This sounds like it is definitely bothering her to the point she is asking you for help with it and you are obviously worried.  As a mother I would be too.  I have had my share of experiences in the mental health area but would hate to throw guesses out there that would only plague you with more worries. I would have her seen as soon as possible.  If you have insurance you can call them and ask for a few names of child psychologists that are covered or you can take her to the doctor and get a referral.  I wouldn't let this wait.  And you may find that it isn't that serious at all or you may find there is something going on but its easily treated...either way ....taking her and finding out will help you both and get you on your way to the help you need.  My thoughts are definitely with you.  This tugs at my heart strings.  Please let me know how it goes and what happens ok?  I will keep a look out for any knew posts you make here but you can message me anytime as well.

Take care,
~K~
DEFINITELY make an appt to see a child psychologist. She's asking for the help so make sure you have someone see her...