Child Behavior Expert Forum
5yrs old boy jumping up & down, rolling his eyes & fidgeting hi...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

5yrs old boy jumping up & down, rolling his eyes & fidgeting his hands

My 5 year old son, when he gets excited over something, he jumps up & down, starts moving his hands rapidly (like shaking his hands off) & sometimes will even rolls his eyes. He also started twriling his hair on his finger that his finger gets stuck & he pulls his finger out & hair comes out with it, his dad had this "habit" when he was a child. However, when we remind him his doing it he stops. Any comments would be appreciated or any direction. We have an appointment to take him to PscyD but wanted to do a little research before we go out so we are prepared with questions. Thank you!!
242606_tn?1243786248
My apology for overlooking this question a while back. You did the prudent thing my arranging the evaluation. It will not surprise me if this behavior is regarded as simply a version of normal. It really does not invite concern.
2 Comments
Blank
personally i think it's normal behavior. some kids are like this, some are not. My five year old is this way. i compare it to watching the price is right. if getting overly excited wasn't ok, then those contestants are in trouble ;) If you feel so strongly about having him checked out,  make sure you ask the Doctor about natural ways. personally, i think everyone is overly medicated. I've seen several kids act out excitedly and turn out normal.
that's my opinion.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...