6 year boys cought giving oral sex
To my shock, I discovered my 6 year son and his cousin also 6 yrs. old performing oral sex on each other. When questioned about were they learned this behavior ( 1st with the lying) It was determined that my son viewed adult cable television and thats where he learned it. I am in shock. This can not be "normal" exploration? Other members of my family have now confessed that they have cought my son rubbing on his penis in the bathroom more then once. Also, I have found out that he was cought at school twice for "playing with himself in the bathroom at school. My instict is that this goes wat too far.

Please any feedback would be great!

Regard,

Paula
He's fine.  You do need to tell him a couple of things.  He MUST understand that his privacy is HIS privacy....that nobody else is ever allowed to touch it, but him.  It is NOT ok to touch someone else's.  He is allowed to touch or look at his own while he is in PRIVATE.  Don't make him feel bad or dirty for this, you just need to let him know what IS okay.  Because both of the children involved are close in age, I would not be concerned.  

Again, he does need to learn what is ok, and what is not.  
I really think a lot that kids learn this kind of behaviour from is internet...I strongly believe kids should not be aloud to have access to a computer with it being somehow blocked from many sites..It's so disturbing to find your kids behaving this way...I myself was one of those kids...And look back on it now and say to myself wow I must have been touched by someone at a very young age..because I can't blame it on any kind of TV or internet or even books..because I did not have access to any of that...never even walked in on anything like at in my life...so I had to have been touched by someone to know the feeling of it...but now days with all the technologies we just want to blame it on that...and that how the perves get out of it..unless the kid opens up and tells..and most kids will never tell unroll they are old enough to remember and let it out many years later after already grown ...Catching kids doing this together is not the scary part of it...the big picture is who has made this kid feel this way? Of its another kid then still ok..and the kid is not in harm's way...but if it's from a adult and nobody does anything about it..this kid might grow up to remember this person and one day do something back and find him or herself in lots of trouble ..I was always to scared to tell my daddy because I was so scared he would kill the man touching me and I would never see my daddy again...but if my dad would have never showed me his anger I might have told him..and it would have stopped "maybe"..I always heard my daddy say : if anybody ever touched one my girls I will kill him""..that scared me so bad..kept me quite...hope I helped somebody...love each other.
I would be MORE concerned about how he had access to an adult cable television show......
I firmly DO NOT BELIEVE A 6 YEAR OLD COULD BE CONSIDERED FINE WHEN CAUGHT GIVING ORAL SEX. exploring genitalia yes, but not giving oral sex. This was a learned behavior, possibly from TV. I agree with pixi to not make him feel bad, but I also think it warrents further investigation.. .
My son`s 6 year old friend displayed very odd behavior as well when my son was barely 4 years old and I made every effort that the two would hardly see each other to let that unequal friendship taper off. It seemed to be related to adult TV programs as well. My question is - how on earth can 6-year-olds even find those channels and why is there nobody with them? Is it the craziness of today that children have their own TV in their rooms or what? It will be a challenge to undo the confusion that the little boy mentioned above is in.
Forgive me if I misunderstood, but how is your 6 year old watching adult television???????????????
I have 4 brothers and yes I did see them playing around with their penis when they were little, but never this, never.  What you need to remember is if a teacher or someone finds out this, there is a chance they can call someone to take your child if they think your child is seeing something or whatever else.  I have two daughters 5 and 2, and yes my 5 year old knows that if she touches down there that it tickles, but the thing is she wouldn't know that you put your mouth down there.  Heres the thing in todays world sex is everywhere.  Heres another thing PARENTAL CONTROL is everywhere also.  I'm not saying your a bad mother or anything, I just want you to know that this isn't normal and you could get accused of something if this doesn't stop.
The other thing you might need to find out, is if someone has done something to your son, and believe me I hope not, but in todays world it happens.
I find this is pretty disturbing and I have experience with disturbed and sexually abused children.

I would not worry about him playing with himself, if it is in private, and not excessive.

How ever if they had each other penises in their mouths, I mean this goes beyond what I consider normal exploratory behavior.

I personally have trouble believing, even if they viewed like this, that a single watching of something like that, is going to result in such behavior in normal children.

In my experience, children who act in this sort of over the top manner, have been sexually interfered with. The incident itself does not lead completely to such a conclusion, but please be on the strong look out for signs of sexual abuse, but do not be paranoid, you need to rationally gather any reliable evidence you can find, and consider what males adults they have been around. Do NOT be suggestive or leading in talking to your children about such things, but listen to anything they have to say.
Yes,i agree,that possible abuse, or pornography must be ruled out. Nothing in this world makes me more upset and angry than a child being abused.....even though it be in the realm of possibility that children this age,,may ,on occasion,keep experimenting,and figure out this 89 thing...one must all  check out possibilities of them gaining know how from a sinister source.Pornography is totally sick and very damaging.....TAKES  something that is totally sacred,holy,and Divine,and makes that appear as cheap.vulgar,and very ugly.Thank you for your service as a counsellor,and keep up the good work!
this is NOT "perfectly normal". Perfectly normal would be the boys checking each other out or a boy/girl playing "doctor" out of curiosity, but even those wouldn't go beyond poking each other with a finger and giggling.

What your son witnessed is very serious because it lead to sexual acting out. You have no idea how often this has happened or who was the perpetrator but if it was your son, you could be headed for serious issues in the very near future. It is considered child abuse and neglect in most states to allow child to view sexually explicit images and programming. If I were you, I'd immediately remove any and all access to this in your home to GUARANTEE this will not happen again. Just locking it down is not enough because those safeguards are easily broken and there is already a serious issue with supervision around this material as far as your son is concerned, especially if other family members are aware of it happening.

I think you should make an effort to talk to your son, calmly and lovingly, about the idea that sometimes kids learn to touch other people’s privates because an older person has shown them how. Explain that you understand that sometimes kids are told they will be punished in some way if they tattle. Let him know that you won’t punish him no matter what he says. Ask him again where he saw the movie and if someone has taught him what to do. Watch his reaction carefully. Stay calm but serious. Let him know you love him. You may need a therapist to help you with this, especially if he comes forward with upsetting information. Also you need to be prepared that the other child's parent could report this once they are aware, your child may very likely try this again with another child, he think you should make an effort to talk to your son, calmly and lovingly, about the idea that sometimes kids learn to touch other people’s privates because an older person has shown them how. Explain that you understand that sometimes kids are told they will be punished in some way if they tattle. Let him know that you won’t punish him no matter what he says. Ask him again where he saw the movie and if someone has taught him what to do. Watch his reaction carefully. Stay calm but serious. Let him know you love him. You may need a therapist to help you with this, especially if he comes forward with upsetting information.

This is not "ok", it is not normal behavior and it is quite serious. Take steps now to rectify this immediately and put a safety plan in place.  I say this as someone who has had hours upon hours of class time on identifying child sexual abuse which is what this is if your son is being permitted to view sexually explicit movies or images.
Crazily enough , when i was younger cannot remember the exact age but i use to be able to find the channels like that on sky , that's what  I kids do when  their  a bored and curious, also my brother had a sleepover and there was a guy who sold DVD's every Wednesday from the back of his car, anyway there was pornos in the front seat and a friend robbed one of them and we watched it that night all 5 of us but we were at a young age and quickly were disenterested,when i was 5-7 my cousin and I were  a made sleep in the same room and we ended up experimenting a few things , looking back it was harmless and it was both consentual , I'm older by a year by the way and were alot older now , but he was abused on holidays by a Spanish man a year before that also which i found out years later , the day he blamed me for abusing him he said i abused his sister also which was completely untrue, she was my cousin , so the family has hated me ever since and has been out to get me unfortunately, i love my aunty though she understood e erything ,even tho i feel wrongly blamed the question is am i ? Also i was in baby infants and a girl pulled her pants down after following me into the little boys bathroom, at age 11 i had my first sexual experience with a woman but it was only anal and it didn't go in right, 14 i lost my virginity, and when i was 9 a 13 year old girl wanted to have sex with me in the woods near our house , i panicked and ran and they thought i fell off the side of the cliff in the woods, experimenting to an extent is in my opinion apart of life , some may agree some may not , i wouldn't agree on. 14 with a 18 year old, 17 - 20 is pretty bad and the rest is history