Child Behavior Community
6 year old behavior

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

6 year old behavior

My 6 year old has been acting very weird.  Her father and I are divorced.  He gets her every Thursday until Sunday at & 7pm.  I am currently living with my parents.  She says she is not happy there because my father has too many rules and she doesn't like it at her dad's because he doesn't have enough tv stations.  She pretended to hurt her ankle this weekend and wouldn't play in her soccer game.  I have been dating a guy for almost 2years who has a four year old.  They play pretty good together ( fight and make-up).  This weekend she didn't want to go to their house because she said the four year old was mean to her.   All she wanted to do was watch tv.
that was me but i was 9 ...  divorce is have on a kid ..  and i know i acted like that  
1st there are  new rules and i liked the old ones  
2nd that tv  is like a thing where i got to look at something other then my life because at a kid i though it was over
3rd my mom dated and it felt like she was putting  her man and his kids before me  and i say the same thing that they were mean to me

i felt that way because i did not want my mom and dad back together and i wanted to be the apple of there eyes  and i wanted all the attention that i got before and i wanted more  needed more  afraid that my moms new man and his kids would take her away from me and that i would not be part of a their family  and that my family (mom dad and me and sister) are not one no more.  so i played yoyo  live with dad then mom and then dad ..  i played a game (my dad let me do that so you got to or he did it cause he loves me more then you) to get what i wanted from them  i started to act out for attention..  i got with the wrong peers and got in trouble (but i though they showed more attention to me and that is what i wanting)  then i got pregnant at 13 (i though a baby would love me and show me attention)  but now that i look back i did get attention just not the kind i wanted for it was not from both mom and dad at the same time like it was when they were together.  which my mom would not go near my dad for he beat her but i kind of knew but i did not know it all that happen to my mom

i was the one who had tell your mom this and tell her that and your mom is the one who did this  but my mom never talk bad about my dad.

try some therapy  and talk to you child and see what it is that you child needs or is thinking

it is hard for kids but good luck